ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching passports

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abercroft
Newly Registered

switching passports

Post by abercroft » Thu May 26, 2005 4:13 pm

Dopes anyone know if I can switch a visa to a different passport?

Because of time limitations I think I will have to have my son's dependent minor visa (my visa is a UK Ancestry) placed in his US passport. However I wanted it to go in his Canadian passport to facilitate immigration at the airport, and to prevent loss. He is young and shy and I want to be in the same line as he is. It looks like his Canadian passport won't be ready in time, so the visa will have to go in the US passport. Can I come back a few months later and ask that the visa be moved to the Canadian passport? I'm willing to pay again, if I have to.
Thanks

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu May 26, 2005 4:35 pm

Immigration desks split in two

1. EEA/Swiss Nationals

2. All other passport holders irrespective of visa type.

2 is sometimes subdivided into

a) Visitors

b) Indefinite Leave To Remain

c) Diplomatic/ Crew

d) Limited leave to remain

As such holding an AV dependent visa in different passport (US) to sponsor's (Canadian) irrelevant. You can transfer the AV dependent visa later - the current rather hefty fee is GBP 355 for a postal application or GBP500 for an in person application. I anticipate this to rise by a minimum of GBP 100 by Dec 2006 to fund further amendments to the UK's immigration system.

abercroft
Newly Registered

Post by abercroft » Thu May 26, 2005 7:37 pm

Okay, great.
So I send which form and payment where? If the visa was issued in LA. do I go back there? (Which is possible).
It would only be a matter of a couple of months at most.
Thanks so much.