ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry to UK after Tier1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anishpadela

Entry to UK after Tier1

Post by anishpadela » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Dear All,

I have stamping of Tier 1 valid from June 2009 till 2012. I was planning to enter to UK before August that s within 3 months of visa becoming valid...but now it seems this will not be possible and may be extended by another month or so...I know we can enter to UK as long as we have visa valid but I understand there can be some problems during immigration....

I request all of you to guide me how we can tackle this situation and what are people's experiences who have entered to UK on Tier 1 after 90 days of visa...what are general reasons that we can give to satisfy immigration officers....

Please help...

Rgds
Anis

nksg

Re: Entry to UK after Tier1

Post by nksg » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi Anish,

Ive seen on this foum similar concerns but i personally do not feel this is any reason to be scared off.. the worst question you might be asked is why are you entering so late but as long as you have a proper explaination you should be fine... after all T1 allows you to enter the country any time with in the duration of the visa.. I know some one who entered UK after 6 months of the start date and was not asked any thing at the immigration...

So its how you present yourself at the immigration.. there are some medical checks recommended by senior menbers.. and if you scan through this forum you will know...

All the best!!

NK
anishpadela wrote:Dear All,

I have stamping of Tier 1 valid from June 2009 till 2012. I was planning to enter to UK before August that s within 3 months of visa becoming valid...but now it seems this will not be possible and may be extended by another month or so...I know we can enter to UK as long as we have visa valid but I understand there can be some problems during immigration....

I request all of you to guide me how we can tackle this situation and what are people's experiences who have entered to UK on Tier 1 after 90 days of visa...what are general reasons that we can give to satisfy immigration officers....

Please help...

Rgds
Anis

anishpadela

Post by anishpadela » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:26 pm

Thanks for the reply.....so it does not make any problem while entering to UK after 3 months.....I have one more query...can we apply for 2nd extenstion after 3+2....is it possible....has someone done that...also can you guide me what kind of medical checkups they require...

Rgds
Anis

nksg

Post by nksg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:19 pm

To what i know they might ask you to take chest x-ray.. i would wait for other members to reply....
anishpadela wrote:Thanks for the reply.....so it does not make any problem while entering to UK after 3 months.....I have one more query...can we apply for 2nd extenstion after 3+2....is it possible....has someone done that...also can you guide me what kind of medical checkups they require...

Rgds
Anis

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:17 pm

nksg wrote:To what i know they might ask you to take chest x-ray.. i would wait for other members to reply....
anishpadela wrote:Thanks for the reply.....so it does not make any problem while entering to UK after 3 months.....I have one more query...can we apply for 2nd extenstion after 3+2....is it possible....has someone done that...also can you guide me what kind of medical checkups they require...

Rgds
Anis
The most important medical report while entering UK is the TB Report from any doctor/Medical Laboratories.. it is better to have the x-ray enclosed though they only look into the report...

This will definitely save your 2-3hours time in Airport - medical room