ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsorship for subclass 176

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ougesh
Newly Registered

Sponsorship for subclass 176

Post by ougesh » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Denise,
I started the process of immigration to AU (subclass 176) and I have so far,
1. got my skills assessed as Professional Electrical/ Electronic engineer.
2. Overall Ielts 7.5 (reading band 6.5 put me down to apply straight away for 175 independent migrant)
3. got all my certificates and qualifications certified here in UK
4. i am 32

How do i apply for sponsorship with the QLD as one of the criteria of the application form 1139 reads 'Made contact with the relevant licensing or registration body for your nominated occupation and met requirements to allow you to work in Queensland'. How do I do that? Also do i need to have a job offer from an AU employer before i apply?
The QLD state work live play website is very interesting but a bit unclear. Is there any guidance somewhere on how to proceed.
Pls advise. regards,
Ougesh

Denise Casey
BANNED

Post by Denise Casey » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:51 am

Hi Ougesh,

How do i apply for sponsorship with the QLD as one of the criteria of the application form 1139 reads 'Made contact with the relevant licensing or registration body for your nominated occupation and met requirements to allow you to work in Queensland'. How do I do that? - For some occupations you need registration and/or licence to work in QLD, generally this applies for trades/nurses/etc

Also do i need to have a job offer from an AU employer before i apply? - No, you don't need a job offer before you apply for this type of visa :wink:

The QLD state work live play website is very interesting but a bit unclear. Is there any guidance somewhere on how to proceed. - Stick to the Migration section, it's all in there :)

Regards,
Denise