ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ltd company question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

ltd company question

Post by email257525 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:00 pm

hello friends

If i open a limited company, do i hv to hv secretary ne pay him/her? If so will i need to produce the pay slips to secretary as wel?
If i m the only director and pay myself as well, wil i need to get me payslips as well?

Can i claim points on my ltd company profit/divdends plus salary as director of company or just one kind of earnings either dividends or salary?

If i open up company in 1st aug 09 then when would i have to pay tax
Thanks 4 ur replies

manishmittal
BANNED

Re: ltd company question

Post by manishmittal » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:11 am

email257525 wrote:hello friends

If i open a limited company, do i hv to hv secretary ne pay him/her? If so will i need to produce the pay slips to secretary as wel?
If i m the only director and pay myself as well, wil i need to get me payslips as well?

Can i claim points on my ltd company profit/divdends plus salary as director of company or just one kind of earnings either dividends or salary?

Thanks 4 ur replies
Since April 2008, a private limited is not required to have a company secretary.

When you pay yourself salary, you can produce pay slips for yourself.It helps case worker to identify payments. It is good to pay some NI and tax on your salary. Case worker generally prefer to see P60s.

As a tier 1 applicant, you can claim points for both salary as well dividends. You may need some other supporting documents as well.

If you form your limited company in Aug 09, your first accounting period will run up to 31 July 2010. You need to pay Corporation tax on companies profits to HMRC with in 9 months of date of accounts i.e. 30 April 2011.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:36 am

email257525, you have been correctly advised that you no longer need a Company Secretary for a private limited company. (A plc still needs a Company Secretary.)

However you do still need someone who knows about UK company law, and in view of your questions, that is clearly not you. So I seriously suggest that you should appoint a Company Secretary, even though that is now voluntary.
If you form your limited company in Aug 09, your first accounting period will run up to 31 July 2010.
Not so, by default. If a company is incorporated in August then by default it will have an accounting date of 31.08.10, and 31.08 thereafter. However a form 225 changing that default position can be filed.
John

republique
BANNED

Re: ltd company question

Post by republique » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:42 pm

email257525 wrote:hello friends

Thanks 4 ur replies
the bia website explains what kind of documentation you can use to show your income.
As for getting a secretary, you sound like you need an accountant as there are numerous deadlines and penalties associated with the accounting of a ltd company or at least an umbrella company to handle the adminstrative aspects of running a company.