ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Spain when Husband has FLR from UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

phoebe1975
Newly Registered

Travelling to Spain when Husband has FLR from UK

Post by phoebe1975 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 pm

Hi,

My Husband has FLR (due to apply for ILR in October this year) and I have a UK passport.

We want to visit Spain for a holiday but could someone tell me if you're on FLR, do you still need a tourist/visitor visa to enter an EU country such as Spain please?

Thanks for any help!

Obie
Ireland

Re: Travelling to Spain when Husband has FLR from UK

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:28 pm

phoebe1975 wrote:Hi,

My Husband has FLR (due to apply for ILR in October this year) and I have a UK passport.

We want to visit Spain for a holiday but could someone tell me if you're on FLR, do you still need a tourist/visitor visa to enter an EU country such as Spain please?

Thanks for any help!
Your Husband certainly needs a visa to enter Spain if he is on ILR. He is only exempted if his resident card was issued under EU Law directives 2004/38EC.

If however you manages to get to the border, because of your status, he will not be refused entry.

The visa will be issued free of charge, all you will need is evidence of your relationship, and his and your passport.

I wish you all the best
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:25 pm

Bear in mind however, that if you're planning a holiday this Summer, you may have to wait some time for an appointment. My husband waited 3 months once for the first available slot. The Spanish consulate unfortunately are probably the least helpful and don't issue the visa on the day...you have to go back to collect it 7-10 days later.
They also need to see a copy of your husband's travel insurance, and proof of employment.

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:15 pm

try the italian consulate or the french consulate too as they all issue a schengen visa, that what my brother use to do
good luck

Abdel