ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Anybody Help Me Please??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SineadA
Newly Registered

Can Anybody Help Me Please??

Post by SineadA » Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Can anyone help me please?
I have an Irish Passport and also a British Passport. On the British one i am a UK Subject. According to some things i have read i require a visa to travel to turkey on the UK passport, however i am a bit confused as to wheather or not i require one to travel on my Irish one?

I know either way everyone needs to pay on entry into Turkey, just confused as to know if i need to apply for a further visa to travel??

Any help would be much apprieciated.

Thanks

highstoolhero
Newly Registered

Post by highstoolhero » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:08 am

Turkey is a visa required country for entry into Ireland. I presume irish require visa for Turkey. Best to contact Turkish Embassy in Ballsbridge. Sorry don't have number handy.

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Can Anybody Help Me Please??

Post by ca.funke » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:31 am

Hi SineadA,

welcome to the forum.

General hint: Your title "Can Anybody Help Me Please??" will not entice people to read your post, as the title doesn´t reveal what the post is about. How about changing it to "Do I (UK/Irish Passport-holder) need a visa for Turkey?"?

Here´s the answer, but I´m not sure if it´s the right one. Just googled "visa for turkey", the 2nd result is from some turkish consulate:
TOURIST VISA FOR UK TRAVEL DOCUMENTS

...If you are a British passport holder, please see footnote 4 below...

FOOTNOTE 4) You require tourist visa to enter Turkey. You can obtain a 90 Days multiple entry sticker type visa at the port of entry in Turkey. If you like to obtain your visa through this Consulate General, please click here to make an online appointment for visa applications to Turkey.

British passport holders can obtain tourist visa either at the port of entry in Turkey for £10,00 or from this Consulate General for £ 66,00.

IMPORTANT NOTE: British National Overseas, British Subject Passport holders and British Protected Person passport holders should contact visa section of this Consulate before traveling to Turkey.
My guess is you just hop into the plane, and on arrival in Turkey you´ll get a sticker and that´s it. It should feel pretty much like travelling without a visa. After all they want your €/£, so I wouldn´t expect too many problems.

SineadA
Newly Registered

Post by SineadA » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Thank you. I seem to think that i should be ok to travel on the Irish passport without anything futher than the 'entry visa' on arrival. On my UK passport i am a british subject and ............

IMPORTANT NOTE: British National Overseas, British Subject Passport holders and British Protected Person passport holders should contact visa section of this Consulate before traveling to Turkey.

Thanks for your help with this!

calai

Post by calai » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Hi Sinead,

You said you have a British passport (British subject). I assume you are Irish born in Ireland right?

I think British citizen needs a visa and other British national (BOC, BS, BPP, BDTC) need a visa as well with the exception of BN(O) of Chinese descent in connection with Hong Kong (as those British national are likely to have another passport which give them visa free access anyway)
Last edited by calai on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SineadA
Newly Registered

Post by SineadA » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 pm

Yes rhats right i am Irish - born in Ireland. However i am now a UK resident. So do you think that i need to apply for a visa before i travel even on my Irish passport?

calai

Post by calai » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:00 am

I think you should contact the Turkish Consulate. I do not think BPP can be exempted from tourist visa. I do not think being a UK resident helps unless you have registered to be a BC.

http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- ... ers.en.mfa

A friend of mine who is British National (Overseas) sent an email to Turkish Consulate in London. The officer probably did not understand the difference of all 6 British nationalities and asked my friend to apply for a visa (There is no 'British Overseas passport')

This is the answer received in late 2008
British Overseas passport holders must apply visa with appointment. You must apply in person and it will take 3-4 days.
Visa free 74 sterlin
A letter of employment
Latest bank statement
1 photo
1 person can apply on behalf of family.