ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist/Visitor visa for a South American

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

protocolboy
Newly Registered

Tourist/Visitor visa for a South American

Post by protocolboy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi All

Hopefully someone can advise me

Next week, my friend is visiting from Paraguay. Apparently Paraguay is not a country where you can apply for a tourist visa before getting to the UK

He plans to visit me for 3 weeks. He is a student, 24 years old, first time traveller with a new passport. He has a return ticket, he will have a letter from me to say i will accomodate and support him, he will bring a letter from his university to show he is enrolled as a student (ie he must return to finish his course) and he has around £550 / $900USD in cash (he cannot bring bank statements because he cannot get an account as a student who doesnt have a job and therefore he also wont have a credit card)

Should all this be enough for immigration to believe his is not wanting to stay illegally and issue him the tourist visa?

Should he provide any more information with him?

Thanks

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:39 am

He would appear to qualify under the rules for a visit. Make sure you are available to answer any questions the IO may have.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:03 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

protocolboy
Newly Registered

tourist

Post by protocolboy » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 am

hello vinny

from what i have read, it will first depend on your nationality - where are you from?

wilki
Newly Registered

Post by wilki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Hi paraguay is a country that does not need a visa to enter the UK, you will be given a stamp for 3 months on entry, They might ask afew Q, but thats all, calm down.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 pm

wilki wrote:Hi paraguay is a country that does not need a visa to enter the UK, you will be given a stamp for 3 months on entry, They might ask afew Q, but thats all, calm down.
It's six months actually.