ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I SCARE TO GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kebgulu
Newly Registered

I SCARE TO GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY

Post by kebgulu » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:14 pm

Hi everyone. please help me, i need your help.

I'm a student in london,in UK and i have a bank account in loyds. 4 month ago I was looking for a job on gumtree and there was job vacancy, i don't remember exactly,but it was kind of property manager. My duty was to recieve checks and deduct 10% from that amount. I recieved a check which was for £1500 and I went to bank to clear the check. They told me it takes up to 7 working days. And soon I came to bank and asked many times but they told me there is a problem with the check. They got my number and told me that when they find out the problem, they are gonna call me. After that I didn't go to the bank anymore, i tried to open new bank account in other bank, but they told me that the system doesn't allow to open. And now I scare, because if the government staffs check my account, I may be in trouble. Because I worked more than I was allowed to work. I worked more that 20 hours a week. I have another bank account, I had opened it before that case happened. And now I extent my student visa, how do you think can it be affected by that case? And also even I get my visa soon whenever, how do you think if I go to my country on holiday, and then when I come back,will there be any problem in immigration? Because If the bank put my name in black list, is it possible? And if the immigration tells me that I'm not allowed to enter into UK, because of breaking the rule,working more than 20 hours. The reason is that,when I came first to UK, I didn't know about that rule,maybe in my college they told me but my english was bad at that moment, I had diffuculties with understanding.

please help me about these problems,I need your help.

Thanksss...

supercreature

Post by supercreature » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:59 am

Banks has nothing to do with UKBA. How can bank know you are working more than 20 hours anyway? The dont disclose client information unless specially requested by Anto terrorism police. Why are you scared. What sort of cheque problem you had?

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:09 am

Why bank did not cash your cheque? 1500GB is not small amount for a student, did you not contact them?
How bank knew about your working hours?
Why other bank's system did not allow them to open a new bank account for you?

kebgulu
Newly Registered

Post by kebgulu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:46 am

because the check wasn't real, it was delivered by hacker, but the check was so real, i think he stole some money from my bank account, and bank may think I did it or hacker they don't know,and now I scare because this is a crime i have read on internet, if i go to my country,and when i come back how do you think immigrtion will deport me or not?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:11 pm

You got a job as property manager and your duties were to make cheques for landlords after deducting 10% right>?

Now this £1500 cheque came from where?

I work at estate agents and my job is exactly the same as what you have described but with more duties.
Arrived UK in Dec 2000, Received ILR Oct 2008, Citizenship Approved March 2016.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:45 pm

Sounds like participation in fraud to me. Bad.

And how can anyone be a bona fide student with bad English?

Spidey senses are tingling....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

kebgulu
Newly Registered

sadaf

Post by kebgulu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 pm

no it was scam i mean it was hacker, it affected to my bank history, he stole my money from my bank account,it is the same story as mystery shoppers

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:47 pm

Awww.. Your story is similer to my friend's who applied for job online and received email from this canadian based so called company saying you will work for us in UK...We are sending 1st wages in advanced..

He received cheque of £2000 which made him happy but later he found out it was all scam.

I think in your case best would be to contact bank in writting with all the evidences e,g email you received or that gumtree add.

Explain them you are genuine and was misleaded.

kebgulu
Newly Registered

ghj

Post by kebgulu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:07 pm

how do you think if i go to my country and when i come back,i will have problem with immigration in heatrow airport or not ?

hamid84
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by hamid84 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:11 pm

1st of all, this so called property manager job wont be risk to you as it was never shown legally UNLESS you are worrying about any other job you have been doing.

Even if you are asked, simply explain them the situation and like i said, gather all the proofs to avoid any trouble.

kebgulu
Newly Registered

sfa

Post by kebgulu » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:56 pm

do you know if there is a system like black list, in this list the police keep names of who involved in breaking law but they do not know exactly that the person innocent or not. the police do not have enough information about involved person like in my situation, maybe bank has already reported to immigration or home office. how do you think?

Sten

Post by Sten » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:26 pm

There was no job, this is a well known scam, people stealing money from bank accounts and use such naive people to cash them, I suppose the 10% had to be sent by western union somewhere abroad ?
Good luck !

kebgulu
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by kebgulu » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:25 pm

thank you very much brothers :D

atticusdacat
Newly Registered

Re: I SCARE TO GO BACK TO MY COUNTRY

Post by atticusdacat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 pm

kebgulu wrote:Hi everyone. please help me, i need your help.

I'm a student in london,in UK and i have a bank account in loyds. 4 month ago I was looking for a job on gumtree and there was job vacancy, i don't remember exactly,but it was kind of property manager. My duty was to recieve checks and deduct 10% from that amount. I recieved a check which was for £1500 and I went to bank to clear the check. They told me it takes up to 7 working days. And soon I came to bank and asked many times but they told me there is a problem with the check. They got my number and told me that when they find out the problem, they are gonna call me. After that I didn't go to the bank anymore, i tried to open new bank account in other bank, but they told me that the system doesn't allow to open. And now I scare, because if the government staffs check my account, I may be in trouble. Because I worked more than I was allowed to work. I worked more that 20 hours a week. I have another bank account, I had opened it before that case happened. And now I extent my student visa, how do you think can it be affected by that case? And also even I get my visa soon whenever, how do you think if I go to my country on holiday, and then when I come back,will there be any problem in immigration? Because If the bank put my name in black list, is it possible? And if the immigration tells me that I'm not allowed to enter into UK, because of breaking the rule,working more than 20 hours. The reason is that,when I came first to UK, I didn't know about that rule,maybe in my college they told me but my english was bad at that moment, I had diffuculties with understanding.

please help me about these problems,I need your help.

Thanksss...

You havent done anything wrong, although the banks would not believe you, its a scam. Just dont bother with the banks , they got nothing to do with the Home Office, forget about your bank card and that is it.
You didnt get the money afterall I dont see why this is a big deal

khan525
Newly Registered

Re: sfa

Post by khan525 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:24 pm

kebgulu wrote:do you know if there is a system like black list, in this list the police keep names of who involved in breaking law but they do not know exactly that the person innocent or not. the police do not have enough information about involved person like in my situation, maybe bank has already reported to immigration or home office. how do you think?
you can have problem in airport!!! untill u don't will clean this situation with bank. if u want ask some question call to my frien solicitor Asif Sahi his number is 07977517831,he can answer all your question.

kebgulu
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by kebgulu » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:12 pm

thanks everyone who helped me, i was on holiday,i've been in my country,and i came back,everything is ok.
but i have other problem now, the same problem with the bank, i mean my bank history. how do you think that case can affect my bank history or not. as i said i have other under 19s bank account with barclays,and i want to upgrade it. and then i will pay monthly fee. if i pay monthly it should increase my history,but because of that case it may not increase.
the reason why i wanna increase my account history in positive is getting credit card. I want to get credit card. in future i will need more money for study and i started to care from now. and also can anyone tell me what kinds of supports or ways there are for student in higher education.
thanks...