ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Amounts on Payslips and Bank statement dont match.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpnow
Newly Registered

Amounts on Payslips and Bank statement dont match.

Post by hsmpnow » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:47 am

I am an independent contractor working through a Ltd Company structure for the past 20 months in UK.
My personal earnings are in the form of salary & dividend. The net salary taken out of the company slightly differs from the net salary as per the payslip. This is because my accountant gave an estimated salary figure to take out each month, which consequently changed due to changes in tax rates and allowances.

Would this create a problem for me?

My accountant's cover letter clearly addresses this point :

Please note that the net salary taken out of the company by Mr HSMPNOW slightly differs from the net salary as per the payslip. This is because we gave an estimated salary figure for Mr HSMPNOW to take out each month, which consequently changed due to changes in tax rates and allowances. We would like to mention that the difference in the salary figures is not Mr HSMPNOW’s doing. A salary adjustment of £118.47 was made on the 10th of July 2009 as can be seen on XYZ Ltd's current account bank statement to account for this difference.

sreblog

Re: Amounts on Payslips and Bank statement dont match.

Post by sreblog » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:54 pm

Hi,

I was in similar case as yours, before my dead line for application approached I ensured that salary slips and amount credited into account is always. Simplest way out for this is to talk to your accountant and ask him to redo the payslips accordance to amount credited into your account and hope your reworked salary slips do not show erractic figures.

hsmpnow
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpnow » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:17 pm

Hi Sreblog

Thanks for your reply. Do you reckon accountant's explanation in the covering letter will not be enough?

I asked with my accountant about redoing my payroll. He says that the amount on payslip can only be changed for paylsips after Apr 09 and not before that.

Alternatively, I can choose to not show my salary altogether as the total of my dividends itself is sufficient to achieve the points for previous earnings.

sreblog

Post by sreblog » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:10 pm

I think yes he cannot redo your payroll Apr09 and past. Accontant explanation may hold good. But clarify with someone else , filing only dividents for application does not sound good.Because salary slips reflect how much tax your paying .

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:11 pm

hsmpnow wrote:Hi Sreblog

Thanks for your reply. Do you reckon accountant's explanation in the covering letter will not be enough?

I asked with my accountant about redoing my payroll. He says that the amount on payslip can only be changed for paylsips after Apr 09 and not before that.

Alternatively, I can choose to not show my salary altogether as the total of my dividends itself is sufficient to achieve the points for previous earnings.
The safest bet is to not complicate the case so if possible get revised salary slips.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

hsmpnow
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpnow » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Thnks Sreblog and Push_HSMP for your very helpful comments. I will speak with my accountant now to re-run the payrol with amended figures.