ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nigeria man needs alittle help "Please"

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wilki
Newly Registered

Nigeria man needs alittle help "Please"

Post by wilki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi, I live in spain and will be returning to the UK soon, Iam English ,while in Spain I have met a nigerian man living on the street, He is illegal in spain, but the Spanish goverment turn a blind eye to this as many are used as cheap labour to work in the fields, he gets up at 5am and does not get back untill 7pm , he gets payed 20euros aday. There are many more like him here. he speaks english, but not spanish. What little money he gets a tries to send home to his parents.
What I want to ask is if he made it to the UK, would he be any better off, than being a illegal here living on the street, I would not be in a position to help him in the UK, hed be on his own.
hes not a down and out so to speak, hes just needs some help.
Would he be arrested and marched of to prison when setting foot in the UK,
Can he claim politcal asylum, then what. What are his options.
No hes not my boyfriend. I just want to help him if I can.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:49 pm

1. UKBA are much tougher here - there is no 'blind eye' If he made it to UK he'd be illegal here too - what makes u think otherwise?

2. If he is Spain now he should claim asylum there if he is persecuted in Nigeria, which it doesn't sound like. If he is a genuine refugee he should claim asylum in the first safe country he lands in.

I think u are on dangerous ground here asking a question like this, seems to me you are wanting help to encourage someone to enter the UK illegally and possibly to falsely claim asylum.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

wilki
Newly Registered

Post by wilki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:45 pm

There are people being allowed to stay in the UK who should be sent home ther are people being sent home that should be allowed to stay, the system,these people were shipped into spain under false promises, they payed money to get here, to leave there shit hole of a village for what they thought was a better job than back home. They are in limbo.
The guy deserves a break, and not to be abused.
There are lots of people milking the system on the social illegal and legall in the UK,
What gives all the eastern europeans the right to flock to the UK, what have they given to the UK to deserve entry. Nothing.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:55 pm

wilki wrote:There are people being allowed to stay in the UK who should be sent home ther are people being sent home that should be allowed to stay, the system,these people were shipped into spain under false promises, they payed money to get here, to leave there shit hole of a village for what they thought was a better job than back home. They are in limbo.
There are lots of people milking the system on the social illegal and legall in the UK,
What gives all the eastern europeans the right to flock to the UK, what have they given to the UK to deserve entry. Nothing.

I don't think encouraging this man to continue to live illegally is good, he is even risking his own life staying on the street. So many people believe abroad is a better place whereas some can easily make it back "home" if they put in same amount of energy. Coming to UK, I don't think is an option for him, you can do him a favour by marrying him and maybe he can get his legal status through that way. I wish there is a beter way to help such an hardworking fellow.

wilki
Newly Registered

Post by wilki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:11 pm

Im a man, and have a girlfriend. hes a hard worker, all day in the blazing sun 35-40c, cutting garlic for 20euros a day, the farmers turn up and load them into a bus, some days theres no work.
if life was better for him back home he would be there, but its not.
But because of the world crisis more spanish people are starting to work in the campo "fields"
The girls that come here for a better life land up in puti clubs, brothels working illegal, but again the spanish goverment turn a blind eye to this, as its the norm.

tote
BANNED

Post by tote » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:40 pm

He is an illegal immigrant fullstop. The British public DO NOT WANT HIM HERE.

He is not our responsibility. Should he claim asylum he will be denied and sent back to where he belongs, And rightly so

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:54 pm

tote wrote:He is an illegal immigrant fullstop. The British public DO NOT WANT HIM HERE.

He is not our responsibility. Should he claim asylum he will be denied and sent back to where he belongs, And rightly so
Tote the Op knows the implication. He doesn't need your toxic and inflammatory input i think.

You are not an immigration officer, neither are you assigned the responsibility of deciding who is admitted into the UK and who are not.

You only elect representative, who have the role of making such decisions.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Op being compassionate about the plight of another fellow human being in horrendous living conditions.

What the OP needs is concrete advise on how he can help a friend in need.

His idea might not be a sensible approach, then again we all have ideas which might be unworkable, which is why he came to the forum, and not for you to preempt the fate of his friend, or to decide where he belongs.

As i have discussed with you on other thread, if we want to go into belonging and indigenous, we will get into a messy situation, which will be regrettable.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Obie
Ireland

Re: Nigeria man needs alittle help "Please"

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 pm

wilki wrote:Hi, I live in spain and will be returning to the UK soon, Iam English ,while in Spain I have met a nigerian man living on the street, He is illegal in spain, but the Spanish goverment turn a blind eye to this as many are used as cheap labour to work in the fields, he gets up at 5am and does not get back untill 7pm , he gets payed 20euros aday. There are many more like him here. he speaks english, but not spanish. What little money he gets a tries to send home to his parents.
What I want to ask is if he made it to the UK, would he be any better off, than being a illegal here living on the street, I would not be in a position to help him in the UK, hed be on his own.
hes not a down and out so to speak, hes just needs some help.
Would he be arrested and marched of to prison when setting foot in the UK,
Can he claim politcal asylum, then what. What are his options.
No hes not my boyfriend. I just want to help him if I can.
You intentions are really good, brave and compassionate , but it will be hard for him to settle in the UK if he has already claimed asylum in Spain. The Dublin Agreement means that if he makes it to the UK he might be deported back to Spain, and all the resource you would have used to help him would have gone in vain.

Is there anyway you can help him in Spain to regularize his status, or contacts that could provide him better conditions.

How long has he been in Spain, because they have a compassionate system which grants leave to people who have been there for a while and working, and who has no criminal records.

Have a chat with him about his options, and see what way you can best help him. Would helping him with some resource to enable his family to set up a business in Africa not be a better option. In that way he will not need to worry about sending money every month.

Bringing him to the UK will be square one, as they will not take long to decide his fate if he has already claim asylum in Spain and he will be destitute.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:08 pm

wilki wrote: What gives all the eastern europeans the right to flock to the UK, what have they given to the UK to deserve entry. Nothing.
Err, the Law? Fought and resisted the Nazis and Soviet occupation? Certainly not falsely claiming Asylum.

Read about Alexandr Solzhenityn about how he fought from within and actually forcibly removed from the USSR.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:08 pm

Surely it's better he goes back to Nigeria where he has family and friends, rather than suffering like that on the streets of Spain?:idea: I don't know how the Nigerian embassy works over there, or even if there is one, but maybe they could assist him in getting back home to Nigeria? As others have said, to bring him over to the UK would be like "jumping from the frying pan into the fire"! I do admire your compassion for humanity, though. There's not a lot of people like that in the world these days....

bani

Post by bani » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:27 pm

wilki wrote:There are people being allowed to stay in the UK who should be sent home ther are people being sent home that should be allowed to stay, the system,these people were shipped into spain under false promises, they payed money to get here, to leave there shit hole of a village for what they thought was a better job than back home. They are in limbo.
It's nice that you show compassion towards this man, and maybe he deserves a break. But the "lucky" undeserving ones who abuse the UK welfare system and sneak through immigration aren't an excuse for this man to go to the UK illegally.

I'm not sure what is best for him, but sounds like he has already decided on his fate, left Nigeria on his own volition to be an illegal worker in Spain. And now he has to face the consequences of that choice. I hope he can be regularised wherever he chooses to be, maybe that's where you should channel your efforts (as Obie said).

wilki
Newly Registered

Post by wilki » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for all your advise, i didnt want to bring a free loader to the UK, and after what you have said I guess hes stuck here

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 pm

wilki wrote:Thanks for all your advise, i didnt want to bring a free loader to the UK, and after what you have said I guess hes stuck here
I don't think the limitations should restrict us from assisting humanity, in whatever way we can.

You should discuss with him the options that are available to him.

There is a reason, you were there at that point in time, and the compassion that engulfed you towards that man. Perhaps you are called to help him, like the the good Samaritan was.

Try not to just turn your back on him if you can.

Nice word can be as/ or more powerful than money.

All the best mate. God bless you