ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am on PSW from CCL

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bex12

I am on PSW from CCL

Post by bex12 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:15 pm

Hi All,

I am on PSW from CCL from Sept 2008. I am planning to vist my Home Country in next few months. How safe is it to go and come back. I think I can handle the situation @ airport, if I am asked general questions about my studies.

But what I am really interested in knowing is from anyone who has faced such circumstances and come out clean?

Anyone out there, who would like to respond???

Thanks

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:50 pm

well if u think u will tell bout CCL and will cum out safe then i must say u r living in a dream land ... yeah if u can lie where u studied and they wont bother 2 chek on the system bout ur previous application record then u can b safe but again if u get caught with that lie then the situation wud b worst then telling truth about studying in CCL as i have seen a case with my eyes ...a guy was stopped along with me and he lied that he got his PSW from uni but they cheked on the system and after searching his bags found the CCL diploma so he wont even given the right 2 appeal and was deported the same night ...so in both ways it is a risk and i dun say if u tell CCL den u wud definitely b caught but the possibility is 99.99 % and only thing matters is ur luck!

Rajaali

Re: I am on PSW from CCL

Post by Rajaali » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:54 pm

bex12 wrote:Hi All,

I am on PSW from CCL from Sept 2008. I am planning to vist my Home Country in next few months. How safe is it to go and come back. I think I can handle the situation @ airport, if I am asked general questions about my studies.

But what I am really interested in knowing is from anyone who has faced such circumstances and come out clean?

Thanks
and as u said in next couple of months, so till den hopefully the test case decision will b out and u will b very much cleared with the picture and if in case the decision comes in the favour of students den u need all the evidences with u 2 take at airport so that wen u will cum bak u shud b able 2 answer 3 hours questions of immigration officer and then 3 hours with chief immigration officer !

bex12

Thanks for your response Raja

Post by bex12 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks for your response Raja.

What are the chances of travelling from and to another airport than Heathrow? I know Immigration at Heathrow is very strict, how different could it be at other airports say Aberdeen, Manchester, Birmingham.

What are the practical chances of ppl already on PSW from CCL to be legitimized after the decision?

Thanks

Rajaali

Re: Thanks for your response Raja

Post by Rajaali » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:25 pm

bex12 wrote:Thanks for your response Raja.

What are the chances of travelling from and to another airport than Heathrow? I know Immigration at Heathrow is very strict, how different could it be at other airports say Aberdeen, Manchester, Birmingham.

What are the practical chances of ppl already on PSW from CCL to be legitimized after the decision?

Thanks
The thing is whether u cum at Heathrow or Glasgow , the immigration is alert for CCL in the whole UK so i wont say the chances r very gud or very bad coz the situation is in front of u and as far as the decision matters then let me tell u again that even if decision cums in the favour of students u definitely will b stopped for being a CCL student if u havent been 2 court already and they wud enquire each and everything and if not satisfied then u may b asked 2 go 2 court ...but i can tell u this thing that Border Agency will in no way let it go even after decision ... so the only thing which can favour u is ur luck and em not trying 2 frighten u as u already know the circumstances and if i wud say yeah go nuthing will gonna happen then i wud myself b living in a paradise of fools !

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:28 am

Thanks
If you were a genuine student of CCL then you have nothing to lose, but if you had a bogus diploma then you can be in trouble....

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:43 am

jack199 wrote:

Thanks
If you were a genuine student of CCL then you have nothing to lose, but if you had a bogus diploma then you can be in trouble....
Mr, Jack let me assure u that immigration people donot know what is genuine and what is bogus ...when i was handed the refusal letter , immigration officer sympathized with me being the victim of CCL and agreed that i did studied genuinely there due to which they didnt detained me overnite as like almost all other CCL students caught at airport but they were not in the position to give me an entry as the immigration officer said that based on the evidences they have , CCL never taught the qualification and thus the diploma i recieved from them is nuthing more than a piece of a paper so wat do u think they will acknowledge a diploma of one student and not another one when the course and the title of the course is same plus the immigration law says whether u know or u dont , u r equally involved in a deception so border agency has 2 do their job and then its the judges who has 2 clear ur name from deception ...so kindly stop misguiding the people who r in need of any help as being an eye witness i wud definitely not suggest any 1 from CCL with PSW visa 2 travel and if they do want 2 and luv the adventures then go on have happy detention and then a strait refusal no matter even if u r genuine or fake i will guarantee u this one ...but i wont say things wud remain same as who knows after test case decision they might get relaxed ...so better 2 wait for that decision 2 cum out !

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

dont worry

Post by Shamim_from_london » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:33 am

dont worry mate..many of my friends been facing airports.no problem at all...no worries...just b confident

sp1
Newly Registered

Don't go!

Post by sp1 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:12 am

I am telling u brother, don't even think of going if u want 2 come back 2 this country. I faced 8 hrs of rigorous interview at the airport and hv been sent for detention for three days. They hv taken my passport. I have appealed n expecting my hearing date after the test case.
Whatever Rajaali said, itz absolutely accurate. I can tell u he is doing a great job 4 all of us. May Allah bless him n all of us.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:52 am

I would not advise you to go abroad untill you get the decision of CCL students from judges as there are still many appeals pending! BUT having said that every individual has its own case!

bex12

Post by bex12 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:16 am

Alright, I still have about 2-3 months before I will be making my visit or not.

Can anyone update me about changing my Visa status to HSMP?

I am on a very good job right now. Earning enough to make HSMP points.

What are the pros and cons to change to HSMP?

Thanks

Oliva
Newly Registered

Post by Oliva » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Guys are these talks all about CCL only, or its applicable for all of us.I want to kno about OBC pgcertificates PSW's. As i am also planning to visit home after i get my pp ( hope fully). Is is not safe again to travel next 2 years again? This is bcoz i didnt travelled for the last 3years while i wz a student.

redbull
Newly Registered

Post by redbull » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

hi guys,

i am going next month on my hearing ...plz pray 4 me.i wish all of you good luck in ur cases...

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:09 pm

redbull wrote:hi guys,

i am going next month on my hearing ...plz pray 4 me.i wish all of you good luck in ur cases...
wish you very best of luck.keep your fingers crossed!!!

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:40 pm

bex12 wrote:Alright, I still have about 2-3 months before I will be making my visit or not.

Can anyone update me about changing my Visa status to HSMP?

I am on a very good job right now. Earning enough to make HSMP points.

What are the pros and cons to change to HSMP?

Thanks
well u can change ur status but make sure ur CCL PG diploma or even any other pG diploma wont b accepted to claim points .u need masters degree for that and minimum salary u need 2 show is 20000 GBP per annum ..if u have both of these in hand then go ahead but if they will chek ur previous applications and will find out bout CCL then there will be a strait refusal ....so it depends on ur luck but i wud say u shud try it !

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:43 pm

Oliva wrote:Guys are these talks all about CCL only, or its applicable for all of us.I want to kno about OBC pgcertificates PSW's. As i am also planning to visit home after i get my pp ( hope fully). Is is not safe again to travel next 2 years again? This is bcoz i didnt travelled for the last 3years while i wz a student.
yeah this thread is for CCL and as ur college is still running so its better to seek advice from your college's administration because even if you will be stopped at airport they will definitely contact your college and therefore you should better let them know before going for holidays tho its not necessary but 2 b on the safe side , it is highly recommended!

Oliva
Newly Registered

Post by Oliva » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:54 pm

thanx rajaali. u really seem well informed & updated. thanks anyway..

aquasaggi

Post by aquasaggi » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 pm

[any news raja???please update.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:33 pm

aquasaggi wrote:[any news raja???please update.
nothing so far ...em also waiting 2 hear sumthing !

abhi2186

Post by abhi2186 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 pm

IS THERE ANY PROBLEM FOR ME..I HAVE GOT PSW VISA RESCENTLY WITH BIRMINGHAM INTERNATIONAL COLLEGE...PG DIP...IM TRAVELLING TO INDIA..IN THIS MONTH..I.E 16TH OF JULY...WILL I GET ANY PROBLEMS WHILE RETURNING BACK TO THIS LONDON AGAIN...WILL THEY ASK ME ANY QUERIES...I GOT PSW VISA FOR 2 YRS...HOW CAN THEY ASK ALL NONSENSE QUESTIONS WHETHER THEY HAVE BEEN APPROVED OUR VISA BY HOME OFFICE AFTER CROSS CHECKING.....

IS IMIGRATION OFFICERS ARE STRICT AT AIRPORTS...
WILL THEY STOP AND ASK ALL QUESTIONS FOR HOURS....
IM IN DILEMA...
PLEASE HELP ME OUT...

bex12

Post by bex12 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:51 pm

Abhi Dude,

Be cautious and aware of Immigration officers at Airport. Be calm and don 't look nervous at the immigration counter. BIC has so far not been caught in Dip cases. There is nothing much to worry about but yeah.. be prepared about the subjects you have studied and marks scored, along with a few professors name and classmates.

Things otherwise should be okey for you on BIC dip.

Rajaali

Post by Rajaali » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:24 pm

bex12 wrote:Abhi Dude,

Be cautious and aware of Immigration officers at Airport. Be calm and don 't look nervous at the immigration counter. BIC has so far not been caught in Dip cases. There is nothing much to worry about but yeah.. be prepared about the subjects you have studied and marks scored, along with a few professors name and classmates.

Things otherwise should be okey for you on BIC dip.
Just keep ur fee reciepts and sum of the lecture notes along with ur previous educational records with u .....in case if they stop u , u will have all proofs in hand ...i had all these with me except for my lecture notes and this is y immigration officer and chief immigration officers both were confused that what decision shall they take but as per the evidences and the orders from home secretary they had 2 revoke all the visas of CCL coz this is wat immigration officer told me while handing me the refusal letter...at the start immigration officer and chief immigration officer both were quite rude but after my interviews and all the evidences i had shown them except for my bank statements and lecture notes which i didnt had at that time , they went calm and then immigration officer was continuously sympathizing that dont worry we have no doubts on your studies and being a bonafide student and she gave me 2 options whether i shall leave UK the same day or i can appeal within country ...she gave me time 2 think but i was in hurry and said no i will go bak and she herself asked me 2 reconsider my option and think cool midedly ...so u c if u will b genuine student and they believe in u they will b gud 2 u ..its just that CCL was closed down and due 2 home secretary's orders they cudnt have done anything except to revoke my visa otherwise if it wud have been any other college then they wud have let me go...so in your case if you have all these proofs with u in hand then they will let u go!

samnton
Newly Registered

Advise

Post by samnton » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Please can you advise on my case.

I did my degree from a University and Post graduate diploma from CCL. My visa finishes in 2 weeks and after reading all about CCL, it doesnt look like there is any change for getting PSW extension. I am planning to go back home before my visa is finished and get married to gf, who is here on HSMP and apply for dependent visa from there. Please can you advise if this looks better option.

tuhadda_fuffar

Re: Advise

Post by tuhadda_fuffar » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:12 pm

samnton wrote:Please can you advise on my case.

I did my degree from a University and Post graduate diploma from CCL. My visa finishes in 2 weeks and after reading all about CCL, it doesnt look like there is any change for getting PSW extension. I am planning to go back home before my visa is finished and get married to gf, who is here on HSMP and apply for dependent visa from there. Please can you advise if this looks better option.
yeah its betta for real ;) read the UKBA website before u apply and good luck.

Shamim_from_london
Newly Registered

Re: Advise

Post by Shamim_from_london » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:10 am

samnton wrote:Please can you advise on my case.

thats the best thing u can do