ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SETTLEMENT FOR PARENTS URGENT HELP NEEDED

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drasif
Newly Registered

SETTLEMENT FOR PARENTS URGENT HELP NEEDED

Post by drasif » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:11 am

I just got ILR and now want to bring my parents to UK as dependant.
Their ages are father 72 years,mother 63 years.Both live together in one home.
I am the only son and have financial means to support them fully without recourse to public funds.My other two sisters live in Canada and UK.No other relative close one to look after.My father has pension but I also send money to support them ,they are partially dependent on me for that.Only problem is that last time my father came on family visit,he was diagnosed with cancer in Uk.He had treatment in here and when he applied for extension the visa was refused.He left the coutry and continued his treatment in Pakistan.But once they applied next year for further visit visa it was refused because of ppartially using public fund for treatment.They have given option to appeal but we did not pursue it.
He had treatment in private sector to start with but was refered for radiotherapy in NHS which is not available privately for the cancer patients in the area I was living.
Now because of increasing age and illness even my parents were manging themselves but now they are getting to stage where they would need physical help and close attention.Please advise how to go about settlement application for both my parents.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:58 am

Please continue in original thread
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.