ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mihaela_mh
Newly Registered

Working

Post by Mihaela_mh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Hi, i recently came over from Romania and plan to work in the United Kingdom. I know there have been many posts on this but i am confused. I graduaded this summer in Foreign Languages (English and French) studyes. I would like to start work in the Sales deprtament. Do i have to get an interview first and then get the employer to apply for me to be able to work or can i just start work?

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:02 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

NiyaVatkova
Newly Registered

Post by NiyaVatkova » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:38 pm

First you have to secure employment and get your employer to apply for you as a sponsor. However you mentioned you've graduated in languages? From personal experience it is easier to become self employed and work on a freelance basis for organizations and firms who are looking for translators and other language assistance.