ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR JR Painful waiting - called UKBA but no info

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

inzellhsw

ILR JR Painful waiting - called UKBA but no info

Post by inzellhsw » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:07 pm

I sent out the documents on 16th, and yet to receive the result.

So I called UKBA just now (0870 606 7766), the operator initially said he won't be able to check anything until 14 weeks, then I said someone applied later already got result, finally he agreed to check it for me.

After inputting my details into the system, he told me there's nothing showing in system. I remembered at that time I applied for extention, the phone operator can see the status. Why ILR is so different as FLR?

Anyway, keep waiting, and keep fingers crossed.

:x

afjan26
Newly Registered

ilr jr waiting delays

Post by afjan26 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:26 pm

i send HSMP jr application ilr on 27 th may recieved acknolwdgment on 01/06/2009 still waiting for decision. :x

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:30 pm

I am not sure that guy check anything on the system if he could not see the status of your application.

I am of the opinion that he actually might have just tricked you to get you off his back for pestering him because the HO system including all categories of appilcations has the capability of getting report about your application status.

I will suggest you stop calling and send email to them enquire about your appplication status.

bani

Post by bani » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:05 pm

They really don't want to check for you. I phoned earlier too to ask why my fees haven't been deducted, but the customer rep said they can't access payment or progress of my application (until the 14 weeks). He insisted I wait until I hear from UKBA.

16th of June is fairly recent though. I know some get their ILR in 3 weeks, but many more take 30 days. I think you should just wait another week.

Alternatively, you can write them at the Croydon address, mentioning your Ref. number.

inzellhsw

Re: ilr jr waiting delays

Post by inzellhsw » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:35 am

afjan26 wrote:i send HSMP jr application ilr on 27 th may recieved acknolwdgment on 01/06/2009 still waiting for decision. :x
sorry to hear that, I've thought all the cases sent in May were dealt with. As I can see several cases sent later than me got approval, that's why I'm moaning here. :(

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:36 am

iyanu wrote:I am not sure that guy check anything on the system if he could not see the status of your application.

I am of the opinion that he actually might have just tricked you to get you off his back for pestering him because the HO system including all categories of appilcations has the capability of getting report about your application status.

I will suggest you stop calling and send email to them enquire about your appplication status.
Probably you are right. I also doubt that.
Yes, I may try emailing them next week. Thanks for the advice. :wink:

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:38 am

bani wrote:They really don't want to check for you. I phoned earlier too to ask why my fees haven't been deducted, but the customer rep said they can't access payment or progress of my application (until the 14 weeks). He insisted I wait until I hear from UKBA.

16th of June is fairly recent though. I know some get their ILR in 3 weeks, but many more take 30 days. I think you should just wait another week.

Alternatively, you can write them at the Croydon address, mentioning your Ref. number.
Yep, they are absolutely crap!!

Back to your case, what are you going to do? It's a bit weird as HO are always quick with money.

bani

Post by bani » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:07 pm

inzellhsw wrote:

Back to your case, what are you going to do? It's a bit weird as HO are always quick with money.
Haven't decided. Either I will write them to withdraw my application IF they can't process my payment. Or I will write them sending a new payment form and new page 8 of the Set O form (I made a mistake in ticking question 5.2 about rent/mortgage) -- I hope a mistake like this isn't grounds for rejection. But I will wait another week since I will be out of town anyway next week.

Good luck, I hope you and those waiting before you get your passport with ILR soon.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Finally!!!

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:34 pm

Finally the wait was over for me today as I received back my document and ILR in UK. This was a postal application:

Application type: ILR plus 1 dependent
Application sent: June 16th
Money debit from Account: June 17th
Acknowledgement letter date: June 17th
ILR Stamp: July 10th
Document received: June 17th

Doc sent:
1. Passport (2)
2. P60s (5 yrs) (myself + partner)
3. Payslips 2 months (April & May) (myself + partner)
4. Letter of employment (main applicant only)
5. 12 months bank statement (myself + Partner)
6. Mortgage statement
7. Marriage certificate

I can't explain why it took HO so long to send my document. I actually called them yesterday afternoon telling them I needed to know the stuatus of my application due to an urgent development in my country. The person I spoke with only told me (after so much pleading), that nothing in the post yet but if I don't receive anything by next week Wednesday, I should call them back. Then immediately, I know the application has been processed.

I received the backdated letter and promise of a refund (hopefully soon).

Andto all who are still waiting, please keep holding on and I am sure you will receive your own good news soon. I have benefited so much from this forumn and I will keep coming back here to help others as well. If you need to ask me any information, please do feel free to do so.

Thank you all.

Justice is reigning!

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Congratulations!! 31 days is not bad.

bani

Post by bani » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Just an update. I received my unprocessed application back today. I was told in the letter that my credit card company rejected the payment; my credit card company told me that no authorisation has been attempted as of last Monday. Anyway, I'm just glad to get everything back after 3 weeks and I will reapply by post with a cheque this time.
bani wrote:
inzellhsw wrote:

Haven't decided. Either I will write them to withdraw my application IF they can't process my payment. Or I will write them sending a new payment form and new page 8 of the Set O form (I made a mistake in ticking question 5.2 about rent/mortgage) -- I hope a mistake like this isn't grounds for rejection. But I will wait another week since I will be out of town anyway next week.

Good luck, I hope you and those waiting before you get your passport with ILR soon.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:25 pm

bani wrote:Congratulations!! 31 days is not bad.
Thanks...all the best in your application as well.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Many Congratulations Justice, did you apply on the basis of WP?
Magsi

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:46 pm

magsi23 wrote:Many Congratulations Justice, did you apply on the basis of WP?
Thanks, I applied base on HSMP JR.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am

congrats to justice!!!

I posted the documents on the same day as you, however I still yet to hear from them!! This drives me mad!!! :evil:

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:48 am

bani wrote:Just an update. I received my unprocessed application back today. I was told in the letter that my credit card company rejected the payment; my credit card company told me that no authorisation has been attempted as of last Monday. Anyway, I'm just glad to get everything back after 3 weeks and I will reapply by post with a cheque this time.
bani wrote:
inzellhsw wrote:

Hi bani, at least it's good to have the documents back!!

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:46 pm

inzellhsw wrote:congrats to justice!!!

I posted the documents on the same day as you, however I still yet to hear from them!! This drives me mad!!! :evil:
...I know and I'm hoping you will hear something soon as well. Why not try and call HO again to ask for any update? Fake an incident that requires your attention abroad maybe that would make the person picks your call to at leats help check? I did that 1 day before I received the doc back and it was on that ground that the person I spoke with relunctant accepted to check the application of my status. Although all he told me was "if you don't hear from us in the post by 2-4 days, then call us back on the 5th day, sorry I can't say more than that". Base on that I interpreted that to mean your application has been processed and should be with you soon. You can imagine, I received the doc back after 1 week the ILR stamp was put on the passport!

Keep the spirit high mate!

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:55 pm

justice_will_reign wrote:
inzellhsw wrote:congrats to justice!!!

...I know and I'm hoping you will hear something soon as well. Why not try and call HO again to ask for any update? Fake an incident that requires your attention abroad maybe that would make the person picks your call to at leats help check? I did that 1 day before I received the doc back and it was on that ground that the person I spoke with relunctant accepted to check the application of my status. Although all he told me was "if you don't hear from us in the post by 2-4 days, then call us back on the 5th day, sorry I can't say more than that". Base on that I interpreted that to mean your application has been processed and should be with you soon. You can imagine, I received the doc back after 1 week the ILR stamp was put on the passport!

Keep the spirit high mate!
Thanks Justice!

I did ring them today, saying one of my relative got health problem and was at hospital, we really want to make a trip. Guess what the operator said - if you need to travel, then withdraw your application. Then I asked can i get the refund, she said NO!! I did plead her to check for me, but she just said NO. This really pissed me off!!

last time I called, the male operator was not bad compared to this woman. I really hate them!! :evil:

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:28 pm

inzellhsw wrote:Thanks Justice!

I did ring them today, saying one of my relative got health problem and was at hospital, we really want to make a trip. Guess what the operator said - if you need to travel, then withdraw your application. Then I asked can i get the refund, she said NO!! I did plead her to check for me, but she just said NO. This really pissed me off!!

last time I called, the male operator was not bad compared to this woman. I really hate them!! :evil:
.. that is the way they behave, some of them are sympathetic and some are just cruel. I will say keep trying and I'm hoping you get something soon. It's not easy being under suspence and my fear when l was expecting mine was that the document won't be lost in the post 'cos nobody know exactly when the document has been returned.

Don't be discouraged, in as much the money has been taken from your account, it is clear it is under consideration and will be with you soon with good news, who knows you might get it back tomorrow.

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm

Just an update from me.

I've contacted my local MP (via email) on last Friday. MP's assistant called me today, and asked for some details. Just now she replied me, saying she's contacted UKBA, and UKBA informed her that my application is still awaiting processing. She will send a message to the MP’s helpline fast track to find if there is any reason for this delay.

So anyone who's sick of waiting, might worth trying to contact your local MP. They are not too bad. :)

mnaqvi
Newly Registered

Post by mnaqvi » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:04 pm

inzellhsw wrote:Just an update from me.

I've contacted my local MP (via email) on last Friday. MP's assistant called me today, and asked for some details. Just now she replied me, saying she's contacted UKBA, and UKBA informed her that my application is still awaiting processing. She will send a message to the MP’s helpline fast track to find if there is any reason for this delay.

So anyone who's sick of waiting, might worth trying to contact your local MP. They are not too bad. :)
[img]

Inzellhsw,
why are you in panic mode ? 6 month is the waiting time for ILR postal application. You MP can not speed up process , only can tell you status.

Is there anything you hided or something else making you so anxious ?

[/img]

inzellhsw

Post by inzellhsw » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:54 pm

mnaqvi wrote:
inzellhsw wrote:Just an update from me.

[img]

Inzellhsw,
why are you in panic mode ? 6 month is the waiting time for ILR postal application. You MP can not speed up process , only can tell you status.

Is there anything you hided or something else making you so anxious ?

[/img]
hi there,

I know it's quoted 6 months for normal ILR application. However I'm on HSMP JR, Mr. Jonathan Sedgwick stated that UKBA "have two dedicated teams dealing with postal applications submitted under the ILR policy document which should allow these applications to be considered promptly."

I've seen several cases who applied later than me already got approval, that's why I'm out of patience.

jojo786
Newly Registered

Post by jojo786 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:01 pm

me too thats the reason when u see other people applied later than u have got before u u will definately get pisse dofffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!! y ?????? is this for ussssssss by the way i applied on 17 got confirmation on 18 and fee deducted on 19june :?: