ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Assistance in filling the ILR form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agronl
Newly Registered

Assistance in filling the ILR form

Post by agronl » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Hi there,

I am filling the ILR application form for my wife who is applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

I am British and my son (2 yrs old) is also british so its only my wife who is applying for ILR.

Section 3 of the form (Children under 18) says:

"If you have any children under 18 who are living with you in the UK and who are applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependents, this is where you give their details. ......"

It also says: "You must provide two identical photographs of each dependant who is applying...".

My son has a British passport and obviously he is not applying as a dependent.

I am getting confused as to whether I need to put my sons' details anywhere in the form and whether I need to provide two photographs of my son, because my understanding is that Section 3 should only be used for children under 18 who are also applying.

Can you please clarfiy this?

Many thanks in advance,

Regards,
Idiot spammer

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:37 pm

No you do not need to include details of your son. As you say he is a British Citizen with British passport. He is not applying for indefinite leave to remain as your dependent and there is absolutely no need to include his details on the form.