ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 In counry In person - Complicated Case -Successful

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

KVM_NET
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 In counry In person - Complicated Case -Successful

Post by KVM_NET » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:22 pm

Hello All

This forum has helped me quite a lot in preparing for my Tier 1 Visa. The case Details as follows

1. Work permit Holder - Shifting to Tier 1 General
2. Currently in UK - Application made in UK in Person
3. Complication - Maintenance Funds - Use of HSBC Smart Home loan account (India) for maintenance Funds
4. Visa interview in Liverpool PEO on 18 June 2009 - Decision not given on the same day

[b]Result [/b]- Visa Stamped arrived on 15 July 2009

Following Key learnings from my case

1. I had got the letter from HSBC (Official letter head and stamped) confirming the available balance > required limit for period > 3 months. THis was not easy to get but managed it by getting help of friends in India. Case worker was not sure if this account was addmissible for maintenance funds and Did not give the decision on the same day.

Key Messages - IF the case is not 100 % clear, the chances are that they will not give the decision on the same day.

Case worker told me that SHe would be working on the case and the documents will remain in the PEO only and said that decision might take approx 10 days. This is a good piece of information for all ppl whose decision is held back.

2. Post the application, i figured that proof needs to be Cash funds in the bank. My letter stated that available balance but did not mention Cash funds. THis is important and my application could have been rejected due to this. So I got another letter from the bank confirming that available balance is cash available. Since the caseworker told me that she will be working on the case, i sent the Letter directly to the Liverpool PEO. I had checked with the HO and they said that they do not encourage ppl sending additional information post personal interview, but since this was additional piece of information that could have helped my case, I can send that directly to PEO.

Key Messages -
My additional letter was considered and i think i Got lucky there and the Letter reached the right person in time. But this is another good piece of information for the ppl who are awaiting decision post Personal interview.

Another Information
For Earnings, the case worker wated to check with my organization even thogh i had submitted the Pay slips and Bank statements as per requirement. I am not sure why they wanted to contact but they did contact my HR and asked me for the Email IDs - they prefer not to contact by phone. My advise would be to carry the reference letter from the employer if you are going for the Personal interview. This may help getting the decision on the same day.

Thanks again to this Forum and I will be happy to answer any questions related to this post.

Regards
KVM_NET

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:01 pm

Congrats.. Enjoy the moment..