ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR related query, help needed please.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp_crazy
Newly Registered

ILR related query, help needed please.

Post by hsmp_crazy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:17 pm

Hi Experts,

I am getting into PR status by November 09. i lost my job in january and still i dont have job, so i approached an umberalla company for crediting salary every month for last 4 months thinking that i might need to show salary proof when i apply for ILR.

Umberalla company is charging more money and every month its burning out from my little savings.

I recently checked with one solicitor and he told you dont need to be in employment to get into PR. I just wanted to confirm it from experts is it true? if yes then i can ask to stop umberlla company which is taking more amount from me every month.

I am on my HSMP (Tier1 general) and umberlla company has already paid 1 month salary.

Experts please help me here.

Thanks in advance and sorry for this lengthy mail.

Thanks,
HC

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: ILR related query, help needed please.

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:00 pm

hsmp_crazy wrote:Hi Experts,

I am getting into PR status by November 09. i lost my job in january and still i dont have job, so i approached an umberalla company for crediting salary every month for last 4 months thinking that i might need to show salary proof when i apply for ILR.

Umberalla company is charging more money and every month its burning out from my little savings.

I recently checked with one solicitor and he told you dont need to be in employment to get into PR. I just wanted to confirm it from experts is it true? if yes then i can ask to stop umberlla company which is taking more amount from me every month.

I am on my HSMP (Tier1 general) and umberlla company has already paid 1 month salary.

Thanks,
HC
As far as I know, You need to show that you are economically active. Now that means your can be working anywhere part-time/full time, or running your own company (even if it is making loss).

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

Thanks
HC
what are you talking about. Are you paying it from company profits or from your personal savings. If the latter, you are committing fraud. otherwise, if the former, I dont see why the umbrella company issuing a payslip is such a big deal

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:10 pm

republique wrote:

Thanks
HC
what are you talking about. Are you paying it from company profits or from your personal savings. If the latter, you are committing fraud. otherwise, if the former, I dont see why the umbrella company issuing a payslip is such a big deal
To me it looks that this member is paying x amount to umbrella company from his pocket. Umbrella company than take this x amount, deduct NI/Tax and give the remaining amount back to him as salary from its payroll showing as if this member is employee of umbrella company. Now to do that Ubmrella company has to pay employer's share of NI and Taxes(obviously why they would do that) so this member is paying that amount as well to the umbrella company.
In addition to that, i think umbrella company might be charging some additional "fees" as well to do this favour. Interesting....

hsmp_crazy
Newly Registered

Post by hsmp_crazy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Thanks Chetan and republique for your reply, as chetan mentioned i am paying x amount to my umbrella company and they pay tax and ni. So can i take from the above answer that i can apply for PR without any sal slips and other stuff?

any confirmation will be much useful.

Thanks,

Regards,
Jothi