ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extending visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rwpjobs
Newly Registered

Extending visa

Post by rwpjobs » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi

I need some advice, I've been here for two years studying English but now i need to renew. A friend assures me that I can extend my visa on the basis of signing up to a Business English course, but everything I've read online tells me otherwise. Does anyone have any info on this? Alternatively, I am also studying ACCA, can I use this to renew my visa?

Many thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:17 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

alip7777
Newly Registered

Post by alip7777 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:01 am

its the same case with me. I completed 11 papers of ACCA from home country and came to UK in 2006 and start stuying diplomas for three years, now I am planning to get admission in ACCA course for last three papers. I shall highly recommend to start your ACCA studies and extend your visa on ACCA work hard with it and when u qualify then get ur master degree from LCA in 6 months for just £1500 if u r ACCA qualified, otherwise if u can afford there r more courses at Noethampton uni and Birmingham City Uni for ACCA affiliates in just 5 months which ll make u eligible for PSW, and when u ll be ACCA + Masters from UK Uni, and having PSW u ll get a contract with a CA or ACCA firm easily. Best of luck buddy.

King_Khan

Re: Extending visa

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:55 pm

rwpjobs wrote:Alternatively, I am also studying ACCA, can I use this to renew my visa?

Many thanks

Of course you can extend your visa using ACCA.

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:06 am

ya u can but then u need 2 show progress next time if u would go 4 extension again coz acca is diff. from other studies u need 2 pass ur papers