ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding Biometric Scanning by Home Office

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnshawman
Newly Registered

Query Regarding Biometric Scanning by Home Office

Post by johnshawman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:12 am

Hi All!

Two months ago, I applied for extension of UK Student Visa under the new tier 4 system. A week ago I received a letter from the home office in which I was asked to go and provide biometric information [finger print scanning and photograph clicking] at a predesignated place. I've completed that process. Till now I have not received my passport or the biometric card. I want to know this :- If I've been called for biometric scanning by home office can I assume that my Visa extension has been approved and am soon going to receive my passport with the card or is this a new system where they first collect your biometric information and then actually take a decision to approve your application for extension of student visa?

Any replies would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

atticusdacat
Newly Registered

Re: Query Regarding Biometric Scanning by Home Office

Post by atticusdacat » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:04 pm

johnshawman wrote:Hi All!

Two months ago, I applied for extension of UK Student Visa under the new tier 4 system. A week ago I received a letter from the home office in which I was asked to go and provide biometric information [finger print scanning and photograph clicking] at a predesignated place. I've completed that process. Till now I have not received my passport or the biometric card. I want to know this :- If I've been called for biometric scanning by home office can I assume that my Visa extension has been approved and am soon going to receive my passport with the card or is this a new system where they first collect your biometric information and then actually take a decision to approve your application for extension of student visa?

Any replies would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Hello,
It is just a process, it doesnt mean your application has been processed. Wait 14 weeks and ring them.
If you submitted in person you would have done the fingerprint the same day and get your results but thats wat post application does but its better incase they want to ask you questions you have no answer to :P