ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on leave to remain as a spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Peroni
Newly Registered

Advice on leave to remain as a spouse

Post by Peroni » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:28 pm

I submitted my application as a leave to remain as a spouse in the UK at the end of April 2009. I did my biometrics on 26/05/2009 and have not received any other information since my application. Despite loads of attempts to get in contact with the UK Border Agency to find out about the progress of my application through email and through calling the Enquiry Centre number I have been totally unsuccessful. Does anyone have any kind of advice on how long this type of visa may take (judging from their experiences) and if there is another number that I can use to find out about the progress of my application. I feel totally frustrated since all my attempts so far has all lead to no where and I have not received any other type of correspondence since May from the UK Border Agency to inform me what exactly is going on.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:01 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Peroni
Newly Registered

Post by Peroni » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:32 am

thanks vinny...are you aware of any other contact number i can use to find out about the progress of my application?

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:37 pm

I sent mine back in oct 08 and still waiting, when it comes to the home office waiting is a virtue. I have been told. lots of people are on a same boat on this forum I think!! good luck

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Peroni wrote:thanks vinny...are you aware of any other contact number i can use to find out about the progress of my application?
You only applied at the end of April 2009. Exercise a bit more patience. Some people have been waiting for a whole lot longer than SIX MONTHS!

Peroni
Newly Registered

Post by Peroni » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:52 pm

Dear Rozen,

I am very much aware that there are many people that are waiting longer than I have and I do appreciate your words. The main reason I came onto this forum is to get valuable advice from people who are in the same situation as myself. Some people may get through the system faster than others despite the allocated "waiting times." All that I wish was to obtain any sort of advice anyone has to offer in finding out about the progress of an application. :) This post is essentially for support try exercising some.

Thanks guys for responding.
P.

Peroni
Newly Registered

Post by Peroni » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:02 pm

zebra3 wrote:I sent mine back in oct 08 and still waiting, when it comes to the home office waiting is a virtue. I have been told. lots of people are on a same boat on this forum I think!! good luck
thanks zebra :) same to you as well!

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:16 pm

Sorry. Just telling it like it is.