ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

STAMP 4 EUFAM ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaz112211

STAMP 4 EUFAM ?

Post by shaz112211 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:36 pm

Hello friends ...
i hope u all are fine and happy
i just wanna know that in recent days did some one who applied for Eu1 Residency card application got 5yeras Letter from Department Of Justice or not ???

Kind Regard
SHAZ

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:02 pm

The department only implemented directive 2004/38EC in 2006, therefore you will not get such feedback until about 2011, at the latest.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

shaz112211

rep

Post by shaz112211 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:08 am

Hello

OBIE i am not talking about the year 2006

but yes i am talking about Directive 2004/Ec
actually i was asking that if for example some one applied for eu1 residence card like 6 months before and after 6 months he got his 5 years letter on time ...

that was the point i wana know that DOJ is giving or dealing with decissions on time or not ... so thats why i asked if some one who applied and after 6 months if ani1 got 5 years letter on time ...

thanx for reply

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:32 am

Apologies mate.

I was half asleep, so i didn't read your questions properly.

So far the answer to your question is a no, but the DOJ endeavour to process application within 6 months. So if your time has passed, you should consider sending a recorded delivery letter to them informing them of their legal duties.

We are all still waiting, although my six months is not due yet for another 2 months.

When did you apply?

akwadaa

Private Residential Tenancies Board

Post by akwadaa » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi can some1 pls give me some idea...i sent in my eu1 fam application and they are requesting for a lettter of registration from the Private Residential Tenancies Board...I contacted my landlord abt this and he said he hasnt registered yet with the board...i enquired from the board and they told me it takes about 14weeks to get a confirmation from them..My problem is i have to send this doc to the DOJ in 10 days and that wont be possible..my question is will it be a probleemi if i dont send this PRTB letter...already i sent them a letter from my landlord and utility bills with both me and my spouse names on it..

Obie
Ireland

Re: Private Residential Tenancies Board

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm

akwadaa wrote:Hi can some1 pls give me some idea...i sent in my eu1 fam application and they are requesting for a lettter of registration from the Private Residential Tenancies Board...I contacted my landlord abt this and he said he hasnt registered yet with the board...i enquired from the board and they told me it takes about 14weeks to get a confirmation from them..My problem is i have to send this doc to the DOJ in 10 days and that wont be possible..my question is will it be a probleemi if i dont send this PRTB letter...already i sent them a letter from my landlord and utility bills with both me and my spouse names on it..
Get the application, fill it and get your landlord to sign his part. Once he has done so, take a copy and the recorded delivery receipt you received from the post office and send it to the department. It is your landlord's responsibility to do it. Get him to pay the cost and the fine for late application. If he doesn't, then deduct it from his rent.

If the landlord is leaving with you, you only need a letter from him and evidence he owns or rented the house and forward that to the department.

The department are aware that the processing time is 14 week, so it is fine they won't expect you to send it in 10 day.

Just provide them proof you have applied for it and awaiting it.

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:48 pm

thanks obie for such a great idea...was really worried....im goin to do jst that...does the residence card really takes 6months before they decide on an application or it depends on how many applications they have in hand???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:31 pm

akwadaa wrote:thanks obie for such a great idea...was really worried....im goin to do jst that...does the residence card really takes 6months before they decide on an application or it depends on how many applications they have in hand???
It takes up to 6 month. Even the simplest cases can take up to that.

I suspect that due to the recession and the job market, the Department is sort of deliberately waiting till the 6 months mark.

Did they provide you with the temporary stamp 4 or not

akwadaa

Post by akwadaa » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:34 pm

i got a the acknowledgment letter and went to the immigration but they ask me to come back after 2weeks coz my file is locked...i didnt understand what they meant by that...anyway im goin back this week again to since the 2weeks is now due...did u get yours??

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:41 pm

akwadaa wrote:i sent in my eu1 fam application and they are requesting for a lettter of registration from the Private Residential Tenancies Board...
What is this letter normally used for? Why are DOJ requesting it?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
akwadaa wrote:i sent in my eu1 fam application and they are requesting for a lettter of registration from the Private Residential Tenancies Board...
What is this letter normally used for? Why are DOJ requesting it?
Directive in Ireland, in order for your tenancy with a private Landlord to be legal, it has to be registered with the (Private Resident Tenancy Board).

The organisation is in a crisis at present, and are taking disproportionately long to process applications. Mine has been with them since April.

The Irish Department of Justice are aware of the delays and are showing some degree of flexibility on this requirements.

Akwadaa, i have been to them nearly five times, and each time i am being told exactly what they told you. You should visit them again, but don't be too concerned if they still refuse to register you

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 pm

But why is DOJ requesting this? Do they request this of everyone applying for a Residence Card?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:But why is DOJ requesting this? Do they request this of everyone applying for a Residence Card?
If you are a tenant living in a Private property, you have to supply this information to the department. This is part of the proof of resident.

You are exempted if you live in the same household as your landlord or you own a mortgage.

Everyone applying for resident card has to provide this document if they do not meet the above requirements.