ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR(JR) successful at Sheffield PEO 1yrWP+2yrHSMP+1yrTier1-G

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raghu2627
Newly Registered

ILR(JR) successful at Sheffield PEO 1yrWP+2yrHSMP+1yrTier1-G

Post by raghu2627 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:52 pm

I got ILR under JR at Sheffield PEO on 14th July.

My appointment was at 01:30pm. I reached Sheffield PEO at 01:00pm. After security checks I was allowed inside.

I went to reception and gave my name and told them that I have an appointment. They checked my name against their list and issued me a token number and asked me to wait until my number was called.

After 15 mins my number was called at a different counter. The lady at the counter was very friendly. She first asked for my application, passports and photographs. She took out another form from here desk and started entering my details on the form. She gave one photo back saying that only one photo is required.

Then she asked me to give all the supporting documents. I just gave the file which I already pre-arranged the documents. She then kept all the documents along with the form she filled from her disk in one plastic cover and asked me to go and pay the fee. Before that she asked me if I wanted to know the Life in the UK test marks if I have already given this test(This is not required for ILR). I told her that I have written the test and gave here the pass test certificate. She checked in her computer and told my marks and gave back my certificate.

I went to cachier and paid the fee. The lady at the counter told me that today they are bit busy so it will take about 2 hrs before the case worker will look at my application. She suggested me that I could go out and come back after couple of hours. I decided to stay inside and waited until my number was called again.

Exactly after 2 hrs a case worker called my number at a different counter and told me that he will be looking at my application now in the back office and will let me know the out come of the application. He said that I could go out and come if I wanted to. I asked him how much time it will take. He replied that it will not take long and suggested that it is better to stay inside as he might call if he has any questions.

After 25mins he called my number and told me that my application was successful. He gave all my original supporting documents and told me that he has sent our passports(me and my wife's) to back office for ILR stamping. At this point I asked if we will be issued a back dated ILR letter. He told that they will issue back dated ILR letter to both me and my wife.

I checked wheter I got all my supporting documents back or not. I noticed that my employer's letters were not given back. I was worried as my previous employer letter was my experience certificate. Luckily the caseworker who dealt with my application was at one of the counters. I went and told him that I did not get my employers letter back. He told me that they are 'whom so ever' letters which are addressed to home office. So they will keep these letters. I explained him that my previous employer letter was my experience certificate and I need that as a proof of my experience. I told him that he can keep my present employer letter. He was very kind and understood that and returned my previous employer letter.

I waited another 45 mins and my number was called again. The person at the counter gave our passports and asked to check if the information in the ILR stamp is correct. He then waited until I checked and told him that everthing is fine. He then gave us a bunch of letters and asked us to read them. Basically they are back dated ILR letters for me and my wife and ILR sucessfuly confirmation letters and other leaflets about ILR.

Documents submitted:
1) 5 years P60 + 1 P45
2) 6months bank statements and 6months payslips
3) Previous employer contract and experience letter + current employer contract and letter
4) marriage certificate

Regards
Raghu
Last edited by raghu2627 on Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

magsi23
Member of Standing

Post by magsi23 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:09 am

Many congratulations to you
Magsi

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:47 am

Thank you magsi23

lboro

Re: ILR(JR) successful at Sheffield PEO 1yrWP+2yrHSMP+1yrTie

Post by lboro » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:22 pm

raghu2627 wrote: My appointment was at 01:30pm. I reached Sheffield PEO at 01:00am. After security checks I was allowed inside.
Congrats Raghu. What kind of secutiy check did you go through? i.e fingerprinting, electronic scanning or just a personal search?

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: ILR(JR) successful at Sheffield PEO 1yrWP+2yrHSMP+1yrTie

Post by justice_will_reign » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:27 pm

raghu2627 wrote:I got ILR under JR at Sheffield PEO on 14th July.

My appointment was at 01:30pm. I reached Sheffield PEO at 01:00am. After security checks I was allowed inside.
... I guess that is a mistake?

raghu2627
Newly Registered

Post by raghu2627 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Iboro it was the electronic scanning of the bags and personal search.

justice_will_reign, yes sorry it was a typo. I reached there at 01:00pm.