ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 received less than 4 months!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jama4
Newly Registered

eea2 received less than 4 months!

Post by jama4 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:28 am

Hi all,

very good news that may encourage you all! Yesterday we received my husband's eea2 residence permit less than 4 months after applying! We had already received the CoA after about a month.

We both have a job in the UK and are both doing a funded PhD. My husband is also a vet, and I scribbled 'Dr.' all over the application so that may have helped, but in any case, this is really good news and I hope it will give you some courage.

Best advice is probably to take a lot of care in preparing the application, to submit as much supporting evidence as you can, including letters from anybody who may support your case, and to be polite and respectful in your dealings with the office.

Anyway, good luck to you all and hope the Home Office is really working on reducing the waiting times!

Best,
Janna

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Wonderful new.

I am pleased for you, and i wish you all the success for the future
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: eea2 received less than 4 months!

Post by Ben » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 pm

jama4 wrote:I scribbled 'Dr.' all over the application so that may have helped
I strongly hope that it didn't.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:41 pm

benifa wrote:
jama4 wrote:I scribbled 'Dr.' all over the application so that may have helped
I strongly hope that it didn't.
I personally don't think it would have had that huge an impact. Even if it did, it will not be a fault of the OP.

Then again a department which was scarred with scandal about two year ago of choosing beautiful applicant from Brazil, sleeping with them and then approving their ILR application. Your truly cannot put much behind them.

However i do think the OP's husband got his RC fair and square.

In a chaotic department, random things can happen, and the fact that she supplied ample evidence beyond reasonable doubt would have helped as well.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:10 pm

jama4 wrote: My husband is also a vet, and I scribbled 'Dr.' all over the application so that may have helped,
Nonsense! Being a doctor/vet has got nothing to do with it. Shouldn't have to anyway. You were just lucky! A few are managing to get theirs before the six month mark, but plenty (complete with all the required evidence) are not! So it's just random.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I should note that the COA should have been issued immediately

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:34 pm

jama4 wrote:Best advice is probably to take a lot of care in preparing the application, to submit as much supporting evidence as you can, including letters from anybody who may support your case...
Total overkill! Why should you need to send 'as much supporting evidence as you can'? Why would third party support determine a case? Sorry, but that's just nonsense.

Anyway, great news for you! Happy life in the UK.!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:04 pm

86ti wrote:Total overkill! Why should you need to send 'as much supporting evidence as you can'? Why would third party support determine a case? Sorry, but that's just nonsense.

Anyway, great news for you! Happy life in the UK.!
Agreed. The criteria is very clear. A person either has the right to reside or they do not.

The only evidence that should be submitted, is that which affirms that you are person described in either Article 2(2) or in Article 3(2) of Directive 2004/38/EC. Anything else would be, as you say, "overkill".
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:14 pm

My residence card was granted in just over three weeks. We did include more than what was required by way of supporting documents but not 'overkill'. What I would say is that, compiling you documents so that your application is collated in a way that is easy to assess is key. e.g

- Sustaining without recourse to public fund..I enclosed 6 months worth of bank statements and a copy of our jount savings account.

- Evidence of cohabitation...council tax bill in out joints names

- Marriage certificate..we were married abroad so got one with an Apostille stamp which was also sealed by the embassy in UK

- Evidence of exercising a treaty right...in addition to bank statements showing salary deposits, a letter from employer

- Our passports and birth certificate for identity purposes

In my experience, persistence paid off as we did chase up the issuing of COAs and our request for original passports to be returned. I guess also dependant on the person dealing with your case....it helped our situation because the information was there and collated for easy asessment and we were lucky to have it approved in such a short space of time.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:52 pm

Pasha wrote:My residence card was granted in just over three weeks. We did include more than what was required by way of supporting documents but not 'overkill'. What I would say is that, compiling you documents so that your application is collated in a way that is easy to assess is key.
In my experience, persistence paid off as we did chase up the issuing of COAs and our request for original passports to be returned. I guess also dependant on the person dealing with your case....it helped our situation because the information was there and collated for easy asessment and we were lucky to have it approved in such a short space of time.
And also the fact that you applied for your EEA2 RC together with the EEA1 for your EU spouse, at the time when applying for both EEA1 and EEA2 together was usually expediated. That's why you got your card so quickly! That 'loophole' has now been closed, and applying together no longer speeds up the case.

OmarA

Post by OmarA » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:26 pm

Good for you.

Been waiting for EEA2 for 10months now! and nothing!

Are they all watching prono at the HomeOffice? or was it only Jacqui Smith? (They didnt finish yet?) dirty bastards!