ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1- they ask forappostilled marriage, what is this?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

EU1- they ask forappostilled marriage, what is this?

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:44 pm

hi every one,
I got letter form EU-treaty right office, they asked me for appostilled marriage (contact czech embassy), I sent cert. in czech with english translation.
They asked also for both EU and applicant bank statment,I dont have bank statment, only my wife has one.

PS : I sent copy of my passport stamped by Garda, but they didnt accept : they said : >!only original!<
the worse : they said : I have 10 working days to send all, but how :!:
please if someone can help, I will be gratefull.
Amine

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:52 pm

what is your question exactly?

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

strongbow wrote:what is your question exactly?
Hi, thanx for fast answer,
my question is :
what is this appostilled certificate and who can give me this ? they mentionned "czech embassy" ?

Obie
Ireland

Re: EU1- they ask forappostilled marriage, what is this?

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:05 pm

b_aminefr wrote:hi every one,
I got letter form EU-treaty right office, they asked me for appostilled marriage (contact czech embassy), I sent cert. in czech with english translation.
They asked also for both EU and applicant bank statment,I dont have bank statment, only my wife has one.

PS : I sent copy of my passport stamped by Garda, but they didnt accept : they said : >!only original!<
Amine
It is a stamp that emerged from the Hague convention, which was signed by 69 member states. It is a stamp from your country where the document originated stating the document is valid and genuine. The Irish are signatory to it and they will read the stamp and tell if it has been authenticated by your country.

My brother-in-Law was asked to do that with his UK marriage certificate as well.

What you need to do is contact the Czech embassy and see if they can do it for you. There is usually a small fee attached. If they can't get a contact in Czech republic to take your marriage certificate to the registry and get the stamp.

Don't worry if you can't get it done before the ten days they stated. Send it when you received it .

Read the link below it will explain the meaning of apostille better.

http://www.apostilles-direct.co.uk/faqs.html
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

b_aminefr
Newly Registered

Re: EU1- they ask forappostilled marriage, what is this?

Post by b_aminefr » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:17 pm

Obie wrote:
b_aminefr wrote:hi every one,

Amine
It is a stamp that emerged from the Hague convention, which was signed by 69 member states. It is a stamp from your country where the document originated stating the document is valid and genuine. The Irish are signatory to it and they will read the stamp and tell if it has been authenticated by your country.

My brother-in-Law was asked to do that with his UK marriage certificate as well.

What you need to do is contact the Czech embassy and see if they can do it for you. There is usually a small fee attached. If they can't get a contact in Czech republic to take your marriage certificate to the registry and get the stamp.

Don't worry if you can't get it done before the ten days they stated. Send it when you received it .

Read the link below it will explain the meaning of apostille better.

http://www.apostilles-direct.co.uk/faqs.html
thanx for replying Obie,
other question plz,
they asked for bank statment for both eu and non-eu, I dont have bank statment? I dont have PPS yet, so I doubt that I can open Bank account, what should I do with this ? they wrote in INIS website : if available, and now I undertsand that is obligatory ?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm

If you don't have a bank statement, then don't worry. Just send the one in your wifes name and inform them you don't have a bank statement as you don't have a bank account.

Have you any bills in both you and your wife's name, that too will help.

Bank account is pretty easy to get without a PPS, so long as you have a memberstate issued Driving licence and a proof of address.

Try Post Bank and Ulster. If you go in with your passport and proof of resident, they should be able to open your account.

Your passport doesn't have to be an EU or has an Irish Stamp in it.

PPS is also a doddle.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors