ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Length of time after 'call-in' letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Length of time after 'call-in' letter

Post by swjunkie228 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Anyone know how long it takes once you've mailed off your passport? I mailed mine last week. I wasn't expecting it already, but just thought I'd see if anyone had an idea of how long it takes.
Thanks!

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:38 pm

My solicitor told me that once the HO has looked into your case, they would deal with it within a couple of weeks. However, as other people on this forum suggested, it may actually take up to another 5 weeks. So, be patient, your visa is going to be attached to your passport very soon!

swjunkie228
Newly Registered

Post by swjunkie228 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:48 pm

I'm well aware that it should take sometime but I have to be back in the US for a job on 5 Aug. The number of 'important people' I've had write letters on my behalf is the only reason I believe I've even received a response so far. I just wasn't sure if there was a specific time frame other than 'just be patient and wait'. But thanks for sharing what your solicitor said.

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:52 pm

There are no guidelines for the lengh of time your visa could be endorsed into your passport. And there is no other choice, but to wait for it to come through. You are nearly there, so keep positive.