ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange but True!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gururaj

Strange but True!

Post by Gururaj » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi All.

I hope not many of you have experienced this and I would like to share mine. If any of you have been through similar situation , kindly post your reply to this topic.

I have been refused on the grounds of maintenance and I have appealed for oral hearing and I have my oral hearing in less than a week. I have sent my bundle as the law asks for sending to both HO and AIT. And the HO has to send one to me and the other to AIT with regards to my refusal. Strangely my documents were all sent to a law firm based in London. They have mailed(Royal mail) and requested me to call them and told me that my documents were sent to them by Home Office and they would like to talk to me regarding this.

I was already stressed with my closing date of my hearing, I immediately called them and they asked me if I was their client. I never approached them as I am not based in London and as a matter of fact I did not get a proper legal help either till then. I Told them the same and this guy promptly said that he would mail them back to me on the same date. Infact he did mail them to me.
The bundle contained all my info, the details of my passport, all my visas information, all the bank statements that I submitted(copies). Copy of my original HSMP Teir1 extension application with alll the correspondence we had including the letter from AIT with regards to my hearing date.

Isn't this a breach of the rules (not to disclose information to 3rd parties without your knowledge)??? In my case it was well breached and I have never instructed them to send my documents to anyone. Especially documets that were so sensitive in nature and which contain all my immigration history..

Does this happen often??? Did anyone go through this kind of situation??? Any suggestions...
I have called AIT and the kind lady checked my records and told me that they havent sent anything to me. I am lil confused.. Any thoughts... Thanks in Advance..
Guru

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:34 pm

I think the HO has just done a mistake. They have so many cases to look into these days, that they probably mixed you up with someone else.

There is nothing really to suggest. At least you got all your documents back and therefore can have a look at what the HO has got against you. My case was forwarded to my solicitor and not even a single communication was sent to me, but to my solicitor. However, I know, the HO needs to send copies of their communications to all affected parties including myself, my solicitor and AIT. But, it seems, not to be the case.

So, try not to worry too much about it, but be rather well prepared for your hearing next week! Good luck.

Gururaj

Post by Gururaj » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:42 pm

vinata wrote:I think the HO has just done a mistake. They have so many cases to look into these days, that they probably mixed you up with someone else.

There is nothing really to suggest. At least you got all your documents back and therefore can have a look at what the HO has got against you. My case was forwarded to my solicitor and not even a single communication was sent to me, but to my solicitor. However, I know, the HO needs to send copies of their communications to all affected parties including myself, my solicitor and AIT. But, it seems, not to be the case.

So, try not to worry too much about it, but be rather well prepared for your hearing next week! Good luck.
Thanks Vinata for your prompt response. I think what you said is true. They did not send any argument, they just sent a letter stating the history of my immigration and that they have recieved my docs from AIT. They then put up an index of what they enclosed and attached all the documents (mostly what I have given them).. Is that how their argument looks like? Did you get a similar letter?Any last minute tips before the hearing would be highly appreciated...

Thank You
Guru

vinata

Post by vinata » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:48 pm

As I said I didn't get a copy of my own file from the HO, but my solicitor told me the HO stated somewhere in the file why they were not satisfied with my application in the first place. Try to find their arguments, so you will know if they claim anything different from what is stated in your refusal letter. If you cannot find such information, then it would probably mean they don't have anything "extra" to rely on.