ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

united nations help in application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bebe2

united nations help in application

Post by bebe2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:54 pm

some one was tellin me about applying thru un for ilr as they have been refused for eea and have been here for 8 yrs has kids wit a non eea national.
this sounded very strange to me as i have heard anything like it .
any ideas.
hi

Thandia

Re: united nations help in application

Post by Thandia » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:30 pm

bebe2 wrote:some one was tellin me about applying thru un for ilr as they have been refused for eea and have been here for 8 yrs has kids wit a non eea national.
this sounded very strange to me as i have heard anything like it .
any ideas.

As far as I know, that progrmme grants refugee status which is ILR unlike the one in country. However, the pople are chosen by the UN from refugee camps outside the UK. Most of them have been displaced & have nowehere else to go & have usually lived in these camps for years & years, some as long as 10 years.