ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR not enough supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

ILR not enough supporting documents

Post by iffyzulfy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:41 am

my wife visa exp on 23/7/09 i'm applying for ILR by post on monday 20/7/09
however the set(m) requires 6 different supporting documents expanding the 2 years. i have documents on my name i.e bank statement, wage slip p60 but i only have doctor letter addressing to my wife confirming she has joined his surgery one month after her entry to uk and the she was pregnant and visits the surgery on regular basis we have only one letter with both our names confirming our child tax credit and child benefit

and i will be sending a letter from my mother confirming we live there. she has passed her life in the uk test.

im not sure what to do should i send the application any way or apply for FLR if it get rejected i'll lose £820

please point me to the right direction

republique
BANNED

Re: ILR not enough supporting documents

Post by republique » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:35 am

iffyzulfy wrote:my wife visa exp on 23/7/09 i'm applying for ILR by post on monday 20/7/09
however the set(m) requires 6 different supporting documents expanding the 2 years. i have documents on my name i.e bank statement, wage slip p60 but i only have doctor letter addressing to my wife confirming she has joined his surgery one month after her entry to uk and the she was pregnant and visits the surgery on regular basis we have only one letter with both our names confirming our child tax credit and child benefit

and i will be sending a letter from my mother confirming we live there. she has passed her life in the uk test.

im not sure what to do should i send the application any way or apply for FLR if it get rejected i'll lose £820

please point me to the right direction
What do you mean you have a letter from your mother?
What is she going to say?

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:06 am

just probally to say that they can live here rent free. I dont think the OP realise that he does not have to povide this evidence for ILR.

See my PM to you

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:43 pm

thanks for the replay

what i mean by mother letter is that she confirms that we lived here for 2 years rent free

also should i apply for ILR or FLR because i don't hve 6 different documents on my wife name

or should i apply for ILR and leave it for the crydon department to decide

and batley khan i do have a doctor letter confirming she joined the surgery on 20 sept 07 however my wife throw away her pregnant hospital appointment last year :cry:

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:36 pm

can anyone please help

abi_abc
Newly Registered

Post by abi_abc » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Personally I think you will struggle to get ILR with this little evidence.

Do you really have nothing else in her name. Junk mail? Anything? The problem is you will also need evidence of 2 years cohabitation to apply for FLR again.

You will need the letter from your mother confirming that you have lived there as a couple for the 2 years. You might also like to include documentation showing that she lives there eg council tax, utility bills, and her rights to live there eg copy of title deeds or rental agreement. This would also prove that you cannot provide these documents in your own names.

All the best. Can anyone else suggest any other course of action.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:25 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:55 am

thanks for the help with the lack of documents i will still apply for ilr using set(m) form

however i will also send a cover letter. one paragraph explaing our marriage also we have a daughter togther thats why she never worked we living permently toghter at that address we decide not to have a joint account

second paragraph explianing my mother owns the property so we cant have any utillite bills on our name also we never kept any appointments letter during my wife pregancy as we never knew we would need them untill now.

third paragraph outline what im sending i.e my bank account statement payslips p60

could you please advise me if i need to add anything else or if anyone has a covering letter they sent that they can share or a template

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:54 am

i forgot to mention my wife visited her country on the 16/1/09 and returned 5/3/09 which is 5 week does that mean she stayed outside the uk for more then reqiured period which i read on another post is 3 weeks im confused now

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 am

i forgot to mention my wife visited her country on the 16/1/09 and returned 5/3/09 which is 5 week does that mean she stayed outside the uk for more then reqiured period which i read on another post is 3 weeks im confused now
Dont worry about this. It does not apply. There is no time limit for ILR only for British Nationality and that is something like 450 days in 3 yrs.

Just try and send the application with an explanatory letter and as much documents you can find

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:55 pm

however i will also send a cover letter. one paragraph explaing our marriage also we have a daughter togther thats why she never worked we living permently toghter at that address we decide not to have a joint account

second paragraph explianing my mother owns the property so we cant have any utillite bills on our name also we never kept any appointments letter during my wife pregancy as we never knew we would need them untill now.

third paragraph outline what im sending i.e my bank account statement payslips p60
how about the cover letter have i coverd everything or do i need to add anything

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 pm

we decide not to have a joint account
Dont mention things like this, it will only raise more doubts. Just an honest explanatory letter pointing out your circumstances and then hope for the best.

It is common knowledge that when you apply for ILR you have to produce various documents and if you cant, then you could be refused

iffyzulfy
Newly Registered

Post by iffyzulfy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:37 pm

thanks i wont mention that is there anything else i need to add that will help my case

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

Just to be clear....

You do NOT have ILR yet ? right? and you would like to apply ?

Sorry, just need to ask again before i reply

cheers