ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce and 4EUFAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ewe9
Newly Registered

Divorce and 4EUFAM

Post by ewe9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:22 pm

Hi!
I am from poland, my husband is from Congo. We got married 3 years ago and we have a son(1 year old). I just found out that he was cheating on me almost 2 years. We were not happy last few months(now I know why) and I was thinking about separation. Now i want to divorce (i am thinking to do it in poland so we wont have to wait few years) But i really loved him and i have a good heart so I don't want him to be in trouble. i want him to keep his residency especially because of our son. He's self-employed but he doesn't earn to much money. He's going to start University this year. I will be redundant soon so i am going to get jobseeker benefit and i will try to get rent supplement. His 4 eufam visa expire in 2012. What he has to do to stay after that? I don't know to much about what to do after. And he knows even less than me.
We can divorce in Poland cause he has temporary resident card there as well(we got them the same time here and there so we decided to stay here, that card expire end of this year)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:25 pm

How long have the two of you been living in Ireland, exercising EU Treaty Rights?
John

ewe9
Newly Registered

Post by ewe9 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:30 pm

I am in Ireland since 2005. We got married in 2006. My husband was here long time before but as an asulum seeker

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:53 pm

OK, so you got married in 2006, but have you yet had your 3rd wedding anniversary? That is, have the two of you been married at least 3 years, or did you get married in 2006 but later than 18 July (today's date)?

The point is this. Do ensure that the marriage has lasted at least 3 years before the Divorce Petition is lodged.
John

ewe9
Newly Registered

Post by ewe9 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:55 am

We got married on 15 of August but i am going to ask about divorce after that date(I will be in Poland in september) so we'll be married that time 3 years. We were living together up to now, tomorrow i am moving out. So If we'll get divorce should we inform DoJ? What he should do after 5 years on 4 EUFAM? Ask about permanent residency? If he will be at University and self employed and not taking any social but I will be probably on some social is he going to get PR? What document he need to attached then(he was unemployed long time, he just register his company in february this year) Our son has Irish Passport. All of us we have Medical Card(that is only one kind of help he's getting)
Thanks for answers!

ali_ireland

Post by ali_ireland » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:25 am

how long its takes in poland devorce?

ewe9
Newly Registered

Post by ewe9 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:03 pm

It depends. But if we'll be lucky we might get it in 6 months