ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can course of study be changed when visa is for extension

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asmi10

Can course of study be changed when visa is for extension

Post by asmi10 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:26 pm

Is it allowed to change course from master's degree in one college to MA in international business in another college when your passport is with Ho for student visa extension?

1)I want to know under new student visa rules can we do that?

2)do we have to just inform the HO or withdraw the application go back and apply from the home country?

3)what if this happens after after your biomatric is done?

Please advice as soon as possible.its really urgent

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:03 am

You can do so if you have not submitted your application yet. Otherwise im afraid you can't do so.

moiz04
Newly Registered

Re: Can course of study be changed when visa is for extensio

Post by moiz04 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:21 pm

asmi10 wrote:Is it allowed to change course from master's degree in one college to MA in international business in another college when your passport is with Ho for student visa extension?

1)I want to know under new student visa rules can we do that?

2)do we have to just inform the HO or withdraw the application go back and apply from the home country?

3)what if this happens after after your biomatric is done?

Please advice as soon as possible.its really urgent
So far i know u can change ur course and let the HO know not b4 one month of ur new studies otherwize they ll not consider ur case and ll ask u to go back to ur home country and apply from there. if ur new college is license holder thn wait and c wat HO gonna do with ur application. i think its better to emaiL HO and get the query they ll give u a good advice or go to any solicitor and get advice.