ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of funds : work letter?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

evastruz
Newly Registered

Proof of funds : work letter?

Post by evastruz » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:16 am

Hello...

I am going to apply for a tier 4 visa to study masters in London. I have a mix of loans and scholaships, but is not enough to meet the required funds to get the 10 points for the student visa. I have the tuition covered for a year and maybe half of the living expenses. Recently, to be able to live there, I got a job offer.

My question is: Do you know if the money I have + the job offer is enough to proove I am able to live on my own during my studies? Or...I just need all the money?

Thanks,

e.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Proof of funds : work letter?

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:44 am

evastruz wrote:Hello...

I am going to apply for a tier 4 visa to study masters in London. I have a mix of loans and scholaships, but is not enough to meet the required funds to get the 10 points for the student visa. I have the tuition covered for a year and maybe half of the living expenses. Recently, to be able to live there, I got a job offer.

My question is: Do you know if the money I have + the job offer is enough to proove I am able to live on my own during my studies? Or...I just need all the money?

Thanks,

e.
Earning from the student work provision cannot be counted as available funds.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Wanderer is right. You have to show that you can meet your first year fees + 9months accommodation expenses @ 800pounds per month before you apply for student visa.

immigrationuk2009
BANNED

Post by immigrationuk2009 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:59 am

Hi
Two points to make clear

1.Job does not count towards maintenance so job offer would be useless in this case

2.Maintenance funds are 1 year fee+7200pounds(800X9) IF COLLEGE IS IN LONDON

or One Year fee+5400pounds(if college is outside London)

Hope answer the question.

UK_Banned_Member