ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR or FLR(M)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Harmonica
Newly Registered

ILR or FLR(M)?

Post by Harmonica » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:23 am

I've read, and re-read the UKBA website and still not sure about my wife's status. She got her spouse visa 2 years ago and we spent one year living together in the UK. We then returned together to her own country and have spent a year living there (also together). We are now about to return to the UK, where we intend to stay permanently. Is she eligible for ILR or do we need to go for FLR? I'm not clear if the two years have to be in the UK or simply spent living together as a married couple (which we have been). Also, if the two years do have to be in the UK, do they have to be consecutively? In other words, would she be eligible for ILR after one more year in the UK or do we need to wait 2?

Thanks in advance for an advice that can be offered.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:29 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Harmonica
Newly Registered

Post by Harmonica » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:09 am

Thanks Vinny. We'll gather as much info as we can and use covering letters to explain as much as possible and go for the ILR.