ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eu national want to come uk with non eu national

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

azeem777uk
Newly Registered

eu national want to come uk with non eu national

Post by azeem777uk » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:50 pm

I Have Danish passport and living in Pakistan, i married 3years ago now i want to come to UK with my husband but his passport is Pakistani, what should i do for his spouse visa, also i have a Daughter 20 months old she has Danish passport too
Regards

Obie
Ireland

Re: eu national want to come uk with non eu national

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:27 pm

azeem777uk wrote:I Have Danish passport and living in Pakistan, i married 3years ago now i want to come to UK with my husband but his passport is Pakistani, what should i do for his spouse visa, also i have a Daughter 20 months old she has Danish passport too
Regards
You should apply for an entry clearance called EEA family Permit at the British High Commission in Islamabad. It is issued free of charge.

You need to provide evidence of your relationship with your husband and his and your passport. It is issued as part of an accelerated procedure.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

sebhoff
Newly Registered

Post by sebhoff » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Have a look in the forum here - there is plenty of information around.
Keywords are: "Family Permit", "EEA2", "Directive 2004/38 EC" - and unfortunately also "Home office incompetence", "long wait" and "despair".

It helps to read up on things before moving to the UK with a non-EU partner so that you know very well what you are getting yourself into. Many if not most people in this situation go through a prolonged period of suffering (well, being generally unhappy, feeling trapped inside a cage called Britain, etc.) because the British Home Office is one of the least competent institutions in Europe. If you have a very good reason to move to Britain, by all means do so. If Britain is just one of many options you have, I would seriously think about those others options, too.