ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Funds Required For Non EU Student

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AzimScot

Funds Required For Non EU Student

Post by AzimScot » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi,

I am wondering how much you require to come to the UK to study at a university outside London? I guess you need to pay the full course/uni fee, as well as maintence and accommodation and I heard you need to pay £2800 upfront then have about £600 per month in your current account and not allowed to fall below that?

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:57 pm

Funds requirements for Fees and maintenance is very simple. If the course duration is more than 9months then one should have at least the following amount in his account/ Joint account:

1. First year tuition fees = xxxx

+

2. 600 Pounds X 9 months stay = 5400

If the course duration is 9 months or less then one has to show fund for full duration of stay @ 600pounds per month outside london and full course fees.

If you pay any amount of fees or accommodation in advance then you can deduct this amount from the required amount to be shown in your bank statement. But you have to show the evidence for it, like your visa letter from univ/college etc.

As per application rules its not mandatory to pay the university fees in advance. But some universities/colleges do demand half of fees in advance before issuing the visa letter.

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:13 pm

Oh... I forgot to say that if you are going to apply before 1 october 2009, then you can show the required amount in your account for the same day of statement.

And if you are going to apply after that date then you have got to be holding the amount in your OWN or JOINT account for the last 28 days.

smiles345
Member of Standing

Post by smiles345 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:47 am

hi

my friend got a admission letter from the UK college to study NVQ course , and he hasnt pais any advance , in the letter they mentioned that full fee sum.xxxx paid on the visa approvel. is that okay? is the Visa officer refuse the visa?

wait
- thin ice -

Post by wait » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:40 pm

it this is mentioned in letter then u wud b ok they cant refuse visa on this base coz u r fullfilling the requirement but u need 2 show funds evidnce as well