ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund received still waiting for passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tymo
Newly Registered

Refund received still waiting for passport

Post by tymo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:55 am

Made application under Hsmp jr on the 11th of June..Refund cheque for £750 received on the 14th July...still waiting for passport...anyone else in this situation.

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Re: Refund received still waiting for passport

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:28 am

tymo wrote:Made application under Hsmp jr on the 11th of June..Refund cheque for £750 received on the 14th July...still waiting for passport...anyone else in this situation.
That is a bit strange, that means your application has been processed and possibly sent to you, and has never arrived.

The best thing to do now is pick up your phone, call HO and let them know that you received the refund, whic indicates that your application has been processed but you never received your passport back. Ask them to help you check on their system if your document has been sent over to you and when.

tymo
Newly Registered

Post by tymo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:58 pm

Thanks for the advise....already called HO...the guy checked their system and said nothing has been posted out yet that I should continue to wait

republique
BANNED

Re: Refund received still waiting for passport

Post by republique » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:14 pm

justice_will_reign wrote:
tymo wrote:Made application under Hsmp jr on the 11th of June..Refund cheque for £750 received on the 14th July...still waiting for passport...anyone else in this situation.
That is a bit strange, that means your application has been processed and possibly sent to you, and has never arrived.

The best thing to do now is pick up your phone, call HO and let them know that you received the refund, whic indicates that your application has been processed but you never received your passport back. Ask them to help you check on their system if your document has been sent over to you and when.
It does not mean it has been processed
The refund and the applicaition are two seperate decisions.

tymo
Newly Registered

Post by tymo » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:31 pm

I know the refund and the application for ILR are two processes...but the website says refund will be given on the success of the application..I am on the 1+3+3 ..

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 pm

tymo wrote:I know the refund and the application for ILR are two processes...but the website says refund will be given on the success of the application..I am on the 1+3+3 ..
... that is my impression as well because they can't make a decision on refund until your ILR has been successful. BUt if they told you your application is still under consideration that is okay but I don't always believe those people at the other end of the telephone at HO. When I called for the status of my application over the telephone on like Thursday, I was told nothing is in the post and that the application is still under consieration, and lo and behold I received back my document 2nd day (Friday) with my passport and ILR on it! Try and call at another time and talk to someone else. Just an advice

tymo
Newly Registered

Post by tymo » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:41 pm

Finally received my ILR today....for myself and two dependents
Documents sent

Pay slip employment
April 05..Nov 05.......1st employer
June 06...march06...2nd employer
April 06....feb 07.....3rd employer
Maternity from March 07....till present
Letters to show actively seeking employment from April 09 till June 09
Letter of job offer to start July 09
1....p60 sent
1....p45 sent
bank statement to show wages of last employer going to my account
2....british birth certificates

Application sent 10th june 09
money taken out 11th june 09
refund cheque received 14th July
passport received 23rd July
ILR stamped on passport 30th June
letter accompany passport dated 03rd July

For all those waiting...keep positive

justice_will_reign
Member of Standing

Post by justice_will_reign » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:03 pm

tymo wrote:Finally received my ILR today....for myself and two dependents
Documents sent

For all those waiting...keep positive
At last! Congratulations!!! It is now clear the reaosn you received the refund earlier, your ILR application was approved long time ago!

I received my refund as well today just 1 week afer I received my document back with ILR. All the best to those still waiting