ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Malta Tourist Visa - Work permit stamp on old passport!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

HMRB

Malta Tourist Visa - Work permit stamp on old passport!

Post by HMRB » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm

I am going to be applying for Malta tourist visa. My work permit is stamped on my old passport which is attached to my new passport. I have travelled to France and US and didnt have any problem obtaning a visa.

But Malta embassy says (on their guidelines) that they want the visa stamped on the new passport. Is this compulsory or can I get away with the visa being on my old passport?

Also does anyone know what the procedure is to transfer work permit from an old passport to a new one?

Mini
Member of Standing

Post by Mini » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:46 pm

Hi HMRB,
I was in the same situation till last year and I travelled to several countries with no problem at all using my visa in the old passport (admittedly not to Malta). Then on return from one of my trips an immigration officer at Heathrow transferred my visa from the old to the new one using an ink stamp and some scribbles. He told me then that I needn't carry my old passport anymore.

The traditional way of transferring visa is to send a form and payment to HO. You can get more info here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukres ... rtingdocs/

Hope this helps.
Mini

sac

Re: Malta Tourist Visa - Work permit stamp on old passport!

Post by sac » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:48 pm

HMRB,
I don't think you need to worry. I visited Malta in April, and when I went for my appointment in March, I was worried about the same thing since my UK residence visa is in my old passport too... but in the end it was not an issue at all - the lady at the consulate did not even mention it.

enjoy Malta, it's a really charming place.. make sure you go to Gozo as well.

cheers
HMRB wrote:I am going to be applying for Malta tourist visa. My work permit is stamped on my old passport which is attached to my new passport. I have travelled to France and US and didnt have any problem obtaning a visa.

But Malta embassy says (on their guidelines) that they want the visa stamped on the new passport. Is this compulsory or can I get away with the visa being on my old passport?

Also does anyone know what the procedure is to transfer work permit from an old passport to a new one?

HMRB

Hi

Post by HMRB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 am

Thank you for your replies... I shall get my Malta visa sorted out now without worry... :-))

Sac... any places/beaches you could recommend there? Also any hotels which are good? What is transportation like in Malta.. if we want to get from the airport to the hotel or for sight seeing?