ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to UK Passport for under 18"s

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rogerq

ILR to UK Passport for under 18"s

Post by rogerq » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:53 pm

hi everyone

my indonesian wife and her 6 year old son from her first marriage have just recieved their ILR stamps (thanks to everyone on here who helped us).

my wife will now wait another year before applying for her british passport. My question is regarding her son. Is it possible for him to obtain a british passport also? Or does he have to wait until he is 18?

(they currently share an indonesian passport)

thanks in advance

roger

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

He can be registered as a British citizen at the same time your wife is naturalised.

Does his father still have any parental rights, etc?

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:08 pm

my wife has full custody. It would be nice if they could both get UK passports at the same time, we have no intention of living anywhere but the UK.
the home office seems rather vague about the issue on their website. they said under 18"s could apply for a passport but there are no definitive guidelines to abide by.

rogerq

Post by rogerq » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

btw this is the link on the home office site i am referring to

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... shcitizen/

pretty vague isn"t it?