ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

change of Address applying psw

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

psw2009
Member of Standing

change of Address applying psw

Post by psw2009 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:53 pm

HI GUYS,

i have complete my degree in a college for a university qualification and want to apply for the psw visa but i will receive the degree next year but i could ask college for following documents to apply for visa.
1. Letter from college with all details as given in guidance notes by HO
2. Letter from University for the date of award
3. Transcript from the university

the only problem is that my friend visa is refused who was studying with me in the same college because college is not yet registered under tier4 and he didnt attach any university letter or transcript but i am going to attach university letter and transcripts as university have got the licence

The thing is the school is trying to get the school accredited on the register of sponsors list but I'm concerned that things are dragging on and it is unlikely to get this sorted before my student visa expires.

please let me have your comments i shall be very thankful to you.
Last edited by psw2009 on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

psw2009
Member of Standing

ANYONE????

Post by psw2009 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 pm

ANYONE???

psw2009
Member of Standing

can anyone pllz help

Post by psw2009 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:37 pm

can anyone plz advice to above thanks alot

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW VISA COLLEGE DOES NOT HAVE TIER4 LICENCE

Post by ash786 » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:27 pm

psw2009 wrote:HI GUYS,

i have complete my degree in a college for a university qualification and want to apply for the psw visa but i will receive the degree next year but i could ask college for following documents to apply for visa.

the only problem is that my friend visa is refused who was studying with me in the same college because college is not yet registered under tier4 and he didnt attach any university letter or transcript but i am going to attach university letter and transcripts as university have got the licence

The thing is the school is trying to get the school accredited on the register of sponsors list but I'm concerned that things are dragging on and it is unlikely to get this sorted before my student visa expires.

U qualification would be recognised as it would be from the university. For PSW the institution u studied at must be a recognised, listed or holds a licence under Tier 4. If u college where u studied at has not got any of the above then u application will be refused as u would not be able to score points for the institution. I am sorry to say but if u apply it will be a refusal without any doubts. The PSW guidence is clear about this issue. If your college is trying to get a licence then u periods of study should be done while they hold the licence.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 pm

psw2009, do be aware that postings to this Board reduce considerably at the weekend and you are unlikely to get many responses until next week.

But Tier 4! Educational establishments knew when this was starting, and the importance of getting a sponsor licence before the start date. So I am failing to understand what the problem is here. Do you know why they are struggling to get a sponsor licence?
John

psw2009
Member of Standing

HO

Post by psw2009 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:23 am

according to college they have provided everything to the home office and expected to have the licence in sep2009 but my visa is expiring in august please have look to the following

1. I start Study in Jan-2008 on that time there was licence requirement
2. I finish Study in June-2009
3. The award date is 19-June-2009 but certificate will issue next
4. If i attache a college letter,university letter and transcript will that be ok as univerisity have got the licence

Regards,

ash786
BANNED

Re: HO

Post by ash786 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:59 am

psw2009 wrote:according to college they have provided everything to the home office and expected to have the licence in sep2009 but my visa is expiring in august please have look to the following

1. I start Study in Jan-2008 on that time there was licence requirement
2. I finish Study in June-2009
3. The award date is 19-June-2009 but certificate will issue next
4. If i attache a college letter,university letter and transcript will that be ok as univerisity have got the licence

Regards,
No it would not be ok as u will fail to score points for the "INSTITUTION". Like i said earlier u will score points for qualification as it would be from a university but not for the institution u studied at.

ammeck09

Post by ammeck09 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:01 am

You need to score points on the following areas:

--Qualification 20 points
--Institution 20 points
--Immigration status 20 points
--Date of award of qualification 15 points
--English Language 10 points
--Maintenance 10 points

Without the 20 points from institution, you are not qualify for the psw visa. This is glaring, sending your application means failure/refusal.

psw2009
Member of Standing

FROM HO WEBSITE

Post by psw2009 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:07 pm

thanks I CHECK ON THE HOME OFFICE WEBSITE IT SAYS

"Is the United Kingdom institution where you studied for your qualification on the list of recognised bodies, listed bodies, a Scottish institution or licensed under tier 4 on the register of sponsors"

my college is in listed bodies, according to above home office requirement it should be in listed bodies or licensed under tier 4 but it doesnt say listed bodies and licensed under tier 4 so it seems one of the requirement is ok please give me your comments thanks

psw2009
Member of Standing

IF STILL IT IS NOT OK THEN

Post by psw2009 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:26 pm

if you recomend that Ho still not accept the points for institution then can i go for HSMP as i have enough points to apply for HSMP i am one student visa and i can claim points for paid internship for one year please let me have your comments regards,

ash786
BANNED

Re: FROM HO WEBSITE

Post by ash786 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:46 pm

psw2009 wrote:thanks I CHECK ON THE HOME OFFICE WEBSITE IT SAYS

"Is the United Kingdom institution where you studied for your qualification on the list of recognised bodies, listed bodies, a Scottish institution or licensed under tier 4 on the register of sponsors"

my college is in listed bodies, according to above home office requirement it should be in listed bodies or licensed under tier 4 but it doesnt say listed bodies and licensed under tier 4 so it seems one of the requirement is ok please give me your comments thanks
Dude why did not u say in the beginning that u institution is a listed body. It doe snot have to be listed and licensed. It says recognised/listed or holds the licence. If u college is a listed body then u application wud be fine.

ash786
BANNED

Re: PSW VISA COLLEGE DOES NOT HAVE TIER4 LICENCE

Post by ash786 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:49 pm

psw2009 wrote:HI GUYS,

U first post that u friend got refused as he studied from the same college as yours. What was the reason of his refusal, college or not providing the university letter?

psw2009
Member of Standing

because of licence

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:33 am

my friend visa refuse the HO office says on letter "your visa application is refuse because college have not register in Tier4 sponsor licence"

one of my other friend got psw visa from the same college but he attached certificate as well whereas the one who refuse did attach only college letter because degree is not issue yet

serge19
Newly Registered

Post by serge19 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:59 am

psw2009...

I think you are bit confuse.. don't tell about your friends, let me know the college you applied from. Please tell me on what date n which category you had applied your visa... Don't make your question complicate...

psw2009
Member of Standing

i have not applied yet

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 am

my college is European School of Economics and i have not applied yet for psw visa. the college is expecting the licence for tier4 in sep2009 but my student visa exire in aug2009.

pure_soul

Re: i have not applied yet

Post by pure_soul » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:05 am

psw2009 wrote:my college is European School of Economics and i have not applied yet for psw visa. the college is expecting the licence for tier4 in sep2009 but my student visa exire in aug2009.
I recommend u to go back home before the expiry of ur visa, wait for your college to get licence while u get ur statement sorted and then apply from back home with your personal 3 months statement having atleast £2800 at all times. This is the only risk free option for you. or u might end up with a refusal on ur immigration history if u try to be clever.

Cheers

psw2009
Member of Standing

But college is listed body

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:32 pm

thanks but college is listed body and i am not extend my visa as student but apply for psw visa. i called home office they are saying the college should be in listed bodies or licenced holder please let me have your comments

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Here is the list ..... click here .... of Tier 4 sponsors, and European School of Economics is missing from the list (as at today's date).

What is the college think about, failing to get a licence before now? All educational establishments were given ample warning to get their Sponsor Licence in place before 31.03.09, when Tier 4 went live.

I would be concerned .... very concerned!
John

psw2009
Member of Standing

confuse

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:43 pm

I am confuse because two students of the same college applied for psw visa at the same time one have got the visa and other refuse because college does not have tier4 licence

psw2009
Member of Standing

ash786, john, ammeck09, serge19,pure_soul plz comments

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:17 pm

please let me have your valued suggestions again the following notes is from home office website which is showing reconised or listed body or holds a sponsor licence,

"The applicant studied for the eligible award at a United Kingdom institutionthat is a United Kingdom recognised or listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system"

according to above European School of Ecnomics is ok to apply for psw visa because it is in the listed body

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:16 pm

according to above European School of Ecnomics is ok to apply for psw visa because it is in the listed body
Listed where? It is clearly not listed on the list of Tier 4 sponsors.
John

psw2009
Member of Standing

it is

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm

it is registered on http://www.dcsf.gov.uk

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Is it? I can't find it. It does not appear to be listed using Find an educational establishment.

Can you say where it is listed?
John

ash786
BANNED

Re: ash786, john, ammeck09, serge19,pure_soul plz comments

Post by ash786 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 pm

psw2009 wrote:please let me have your valued suggestions again the following notes is from home office website which is showing reconised or listed body or holds a sponsor licence,

"The applicant studied for the eligible award at a United Kingdom institutionthat is a United Kingdom recognised or listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the points based system"

If your friend did get teh visa but he attached the university documents then it means that he was awarded the poins for institution. If your college has applied for licence and simply waiting for the approval from the home office then i do not see why would they refuse the visa. According to the PSW guidence the institution should be a recognised, listed or holds the licence. It does not have to be both (listed plus licence) but HO did say that every establishment will require the licence eventually. If your college is just waiting for the approval from HO then its not your fault as u have studied from a listed body. I would say apply for PSW and if they reject go for the appeal and i am sure u will win it as u have studied from a listed body as per PSW guidence. If oyu do not want to take this chance then wait untill u get u degree from the uni and then apply but u will have to apply from back home.

psw2009
Member of Standing

Post by psw2009 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:29 pm

thanks Please check the following link European School of Economics is in listed bodies http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/recognisedukdegrees/