ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Extension Help - Seems Impossible

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

this_is_terrible
Newly Registered

Visa Extension Help - Seems Impossible

Post by this_is_terrible » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 am

Ok I am new to this and dont have much information on how this system works.

I am 21 years old. I left India when I was 17 on a Student Visa, granted for four years, which expires third week of september.

My family(mum, dad, bro) live here in the uk with me, leaving no immidiate family member in India. They have HSMP visa granted in DEC 2008, initially vaild for 3 years.

I also had a criminal conviction on 1st oc 2008.

During my study period I went uni for 1st two years (failed both years) and then didnt bother with studies again.

I am now looking after our businesses.

I have a british gf, ive been with for 2 years now.

After speaking to a few consultants i dont have any hope left in getting dependant visa or extension of my student visa.

Marriage is gonna be my last resort as I am not willing to any commitment yet,

I am too late for COA as well. I have a booking in church for our wedding but I really dont wanna go that way.

Any sort of help, much appriciated.

vinny

Re: Visa Extension Help - Seems Impossible

Post by vinny » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:03 am

this_is_terrible wrote: I have a british gf, ive been with for 2 years now.
If you have been living together with her for at least two years, then see also FLR(M).

What is your criminal conviction?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

this_is_terrible
Newly Registered

Post by this_is_terrible » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:14 am

we live with our families.

conviction remains unspent for 5 years. did not go prison for the offence

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:48 am

this_is_terrible wrote:we live with our families.
Together or apart?

this_is_terrible
Newly Registered

Post by this_is_terrible » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:12 am

Rozen wrote:
this_is_terrible wrote:we live with our families.
Together or apart?
apart

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:33 pm

conviction remains unspent for 5 years. did not go prison for the offence
What criminal offence did you commit?
John

republique
BANNED

Re: Visa Extension Help - Seems Impossible

Post by republique » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:45 pm

this_is_terrible wrote:Ok I am new to this and dont have much information on how this system works.

I am 21 years old. I left India when I was 17 on a Student Visa, granted for four years, which expires third week of september.

My family(mum, dad, bro) live here in the uk with me, leaving no immidiate family member in India. They have HSMP visa granted in DEC 2008, initially vaild for 3 years.

I also had a criminal conviction on 1st oc 2008.

During my study period I went uni for 1st two years (failed both years) and then didnt bother with studies again.

I am now looking after our businesses.

I have a british gf, ive been with for 2 years now.

After speaking to a few consultants i dont have any hope left in getting dependant visa or extension of my student visa.

Marriage is gonna be my last resort as I am not willing to any commitment yet,

I am too late for COA as well. I have a booking in church for our wedding but I really dont wanna go that way.

Any sort of help, much appriciated.
Normally this kind of behaviour is just fine if you remain in your native country but when you are on a visa, you need to think more responsibly.
And if you don't answer the questions put to you, no one can offer further help. Although I suspect your failure to answer the direct question of what is your conviction is indicative of how badly you have messed up which is confirmed by the consultants analysis of your situation anyway.
While your immediate family is in the UK, I think you are going to have to rely on your extended family in India to get you by. If you get your act together, no reason you can't join your immediate family later.