ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP REFERENCE NUMBER [FLR(IED) question 28, section 5

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

astro

HSMP REFERENCE NUMBER [FLR(IED) question 28, section 5

Post by astro » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:31 am

Good Morning,

Does anyone know which number needs to be filled in for this question?

My HSMP visa has been stamped in my passport and includes the following numbers:
1. nine digit number in RED in top right and corner of the visa (part of stamp),
2. six digit VAF Number (part of stamp - assuming not this), AND
3. a six digit HSMP number hand written onto the stamp (begins HSMP 017 and is not part of the stamp, but was written by hand onto the visa at entry clearance)

I only received an internal reference number from my lawyers when I received my approval and have been unable to get hold of them to clarify!

Thanks

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:42 am

Your HSMP approval letter from HO should have a reference number - Doh!!! :lol:
Where there is a will there is a way.

astro

Post by astro » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Chess - I made my application through a law firm and received a letter from them confirming my approval with their internal reference number rather than the external HSMP reference number.
So no need for sarcasm :lol:

If anyone else happens to have a similar issue, my lawyers have just called me back and advised the reference number to use is the handwritten one beginning "HSMP 0.."

Regards

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:10 pm

astro wrote:Chess - I made my application through a law firm and received a letter from them confirming my approval with their internal reference number rather than the external HSMP reference number.
So no need for sarcasm :lol:

If anyone else happens to have a similar issue, my lawyers have just called me back and advised the reference number to use is the handwritten one beginning "HSMP 0.."

Regards
surely, if you needed to aply for EC then you should have had your 'Approval Letter' with you...

By the way, the 'approval letter' is your own document and you should request to have it with you. You never know you might need it at ILR stage, whereas by taht time your 'lawyer' might have moved on :roll:
Where there is a will there is a way.