ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Applying in August, need you help

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Tier 4 Applying in August, need you help

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Hey,

I have received my acceptance letter from uni which stated that i have paid half tuition fees and full fee of accomodation. My uni is out of london. i got question to ask:
1. can my dad transfer the remaining amount in my account and can i apply within week time?

2.i got graduated from UK 2007. applied for extension but took so long. meantime my mom got sick and i had to travel on urgent basis. HO refused to do fast track on my application so i withdrew my application. HO gave me letter of withdrawal application. DOES that mean i should mention i applied for visa but withdrew!!because when i left the country my visa was expired 2 months ago??

i am confused about it what to write in tier4 application on these questions??

6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?
6.6 Have you ever been in breach of your immigration conditions for the UK?

6.7 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK?

please do guide me.

thanks

King_Khan

Re: Tier 4 Applying in August, need you help

Post by King_Khan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm

ice_breaker wrote: I have received my acceptance letter from uni which stated that i have paid half tuition fees and full fee of accomodation. My uni is out of london. i got question to ask:
1. can my dad transfer the remaining amount in my account and can i apply within week time?
Can you tell me how much did u pay for accommodation expenses?? If that only includes rental and a couple of times of meal then u should still show around 400pounds per month for 9months plus half of ur outstanding fees in ur bank statement in order to avoid any risk of refusal, assuming u will be staying outside london. Of course ur dad can transfer the remaining amount in your own account. You just need to show that you have the required amount in ur account on the day or a couple of days before u submit ur application, assuming that you are applying before 1 october 2009.

2.i got graduated from UK 2007. applied for extension but took so long. meantime my mom got sick and i had to travel on urgent basis. HO refused to do fast track on my application so i withdrew my application. HO gave me letter of withdrawal application. DOES that mean i should mention i applied for visa but withdrew!!because when i left the country my visa was expired 2 months ago??

i am confused about it what to write in tier4 application on these questions??

6.3 Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?
6.6 Have you ever been in breach of your immigration conditions for the UK?

6.7 Have you ever been deported, removed or otherwise required to leave any country, including the UK?
Well, questions 6.3 and 6.7 are quite simple. You should put No in answer to them, if u have never been refused or deported in the past.

As far as question 6.6 is concerned, i think that you should put a No to that as well, as 2 months of overstay was just due to your under process application which u ultimately had to withdraw due to some genuine reason. But i think that you should provide its detail for the ECO at the end of application in the empty space. You should also include the copy of Withdrawal letter with it, if u still have it. The detail is the same as u mentioned here, the illness of your mother for whom u had to travel urgently

Hope it helps.

ice_breaker
Mood:
Saudi Arabia

Post by ice_breaker » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 pm

yh i have paid 6k for tuition fee 50% and 3k for accomodation 1 yr. now as per rules and uni 5400(Outer london expense) -3k(living expense) = 2400 to be shown as ur food and other expense. so i can show 2400 living expense + 3 months fees rite ??

King_Khan

Post by King_Khan » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:53 am

ice_breaker wrote:yh i have paid 6k for tuition fee 50% and 3k for accomodation 1 yr. now as per rules and uni 5400(Outer london expense) -3k(living expense) = 2400 to be shown as ur food and other expense. so i can show 2400 living expense + 3 months fees rite ??
Dude i think u r confusing the Fund requirement for Fees with that of Accommodation.

For accommodation you have to cover 9 months expenses while for Fees you have to be able to cover your first year.

You have to make clear how much your first year of fees makes. It should have been mentioned in your visa letter provided by your college, if its not mentioned then im afraid it can make a ground for refusal. If we suppose that 6k is 50% of your first year fees then you have to show another 6k in your bank statements plus 2400 (5400 - 3000) = 8400GBP. But if you could show 9000GBP it would take you further away from any sort of risk. However 8400 would be just fine.

Can you also tell where are you applying from?