ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA validity before travel?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dasavathar

VISA validity before travel?

Post by Dasavathar » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:36 pm

Hi All,

I heard that, once british high commission issue the VISA, they need to fly within 3 months of the VISA issue date or else the VISA will not be valid and it need to be done again.

IS that true?

I am in PSW and my VISA valid only upto March 2010 and i am planning to swith it to Tier 2 General in December 2009.

My wife got her dependent VISA in May 2009, now she is planning to come to UK only in October, is it ok for her to travel with the VISA issued in May 2009 or she need another one?

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

UKBAbble

Re: VISA validity before travel?

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Dasavathar wrote:My wife got her dependent VISA in May 2009, now she is planning to come to UK only in October, is it ok for her to travel with the VISA issued in May 2009 or she need another one?
She can travel with no problem.

Dasavathar

Thanks

Post by Dasavathar » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:07 am

Hi Thanks for your reply.

sum-img

Post by sum-img » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Guys,

I think you are doing wonderful job by helping each other. Hope I will get some help as well...

My wife got UK settlement visa for 27 months yesterday.. I have already read few post regarding visa validity before travel. Everybody saying there is no limit of 28 days and she can travel any time. In my situation she is planing to come in first week of September with a assumption there is no 28 limit.. Is there anybody who can help us in finding some written proof on any website where it is clearly written about no validity limit before travelling to United kingdom...

Much appreciated....

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:32 pm

It's self-evident so there is no point in the website saying "you can travel at any time during the validity of the visa". If you don't believe me ask an airline.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:14 am

sum-img wrote:Hi Guys,

I think you are doing wonderful job by helping each other. Hope I will get some help as well...

My wife got UK settlement visa for 27 months yesterday.. I have already read few post regarding visa validity before travel. Everybody saying there is no limit of 28 days and she can travel any time. In my situation she is planing to come in first week of September with a assumption there is no 28 limit.. Is there anybody who can help us in finding some written proof on any website where it is clearly written about no validity limit before travelling to United kingdom...

Much appreciated....
See also Family settlement visas now valid for 27 months
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Dasavathar

Validity date

Post by Dasavathar » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Sum-img

See this link

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/faqs/

and go to the link - After I get my visa

There is a written proof from the Border Agency about date of travel to UK from the date of VISA issue..