ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post study work- bank statements for maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

antoinepooks
Newly Registered

Post study work- bank statements for maintenance funds

Post by antoinepooks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Could someone please help clarify whether bank statements to show £800 (in equivalent) for the last three months from any part of the world would suffice whilst making my application. Many thanks

jack199
Member of Standing

Re: Post study work- bank statements for maintenance funds

Post by jack199 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:48 pm

You need to send last 3 months bank statements to HO prior to your application date. The latest statement must not be older than 1 month prior to your application for PSW. You need to have £800 ALL THE TIME, throughout the 3 months period and the balance MUST NOT drop below £800. If the balance drops even for a single second then your application may be rejected.

Hope that helps

antoinepooks
Newly Registered

Post by antoinepooks » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:37 pm

thanks mate, just that I am aware of the £800 requirment just that I need to find out whether proof of the funds in an account other that a UK bank account will be allowed. Said I used my bank account abroad.

jack199
Member of Standing

Post by jack199 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 pm

Depends, Tenically its allowed as you have money in sterlings, but HO can argue thats its in an overseas account and the account is not readily accessable or available. I had mix experience of this in the past. Few case workers has refused the application but when it went on to appeal many people have won, but in some cases few people have lost their appeal.

I would advise you to keep your money in some uk account or some international bank, whose branches are available within the UK and get a letter from bank stating that the money can be accessed easily by you at any time.

Hope that helps