ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need visa?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theunforgiven
Newly Registered

need visa?

Post by theunforgiven » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:55 am

hello all
i currently have a UK ILR with an indian passport. now i wanted to visit dublin with some of my friends for a weekend to celebrate a birthday. someone mentioned to me that if i have a ILR, visa for ireland is free. does anyone know anything about this? or do i have to fork out 60 euros for the visa even though i'm only visiting for a weekend?
thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:09 am

Common Travel Area between Ireland and the United Kingdom wrote:People with UK visas or residence permits

If you are a citizen of a country whose nationals need a visa to enter Ireland and you have a valid UK visa or residence permit, you are still required to have a valid visa before you arrive in Ireland. Further information about visa applications can be obtained from the Department of Foreign Affairs or from Irish embassies and consulates abroad.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.