ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Of Employer while on Work Permit

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pitu
Newly Registered

Change Of Employer while on Work Permit

Post by pitu » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I am an IT guy currently working in UK on work permit wich is valid till for anothe 3 years. I am considering of chaning of my employer. Considering the current immigration and Work Permit scenario in UK, if I indeed find any employer in UK who is ready to sponsor my work permit(which is very difficult), and he applies for my Work Permit, what are the changes of rejection of new work permit? If my new work permit application is rejected what will the status of my current work permit? Will it also stand automatically cancelled and imformed to my current employer by the home office?

I am just considering worst case scenario before I actually start looking out for a job.

TIA
Pitu

raniwza

Change of employment-New work permit is necessary

Post by raniwza » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:11 am

Hi

It is important that the new employer has advertised the vacancy nationally in order to get a work pemit for you. As long as the employer met the full criterias in applying for a work permit it will be a little chance of failure. However, immigration controls are unpredictable, bear this in mind. But since you already got a work permit, it seems that you have met the criterias to get another one. So good luck! Nevertheless, I heard rumors that there was a consideration where switching employments don't require switching work permits anymore. But whether this has been implemented, it is best to get the help of Home office to clarify this.

Hope this helps.

Azwinar

Chris

Post by Chris » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:59 am

I heard rumors that there was a consideration where switching employments don't require switching work permits anymore

Where did u hear this rumour from. This would mean WP will be similar to HSMP![/quote]

raniwza

Immigration newsletter

Post by raniwza » Thu Jun 09, 2005 6:36 am

Hi there

Well I found out from the immigration newsletters sent to me through emails. But it was still not confirmed yet when I read it. I cannot remember how I wound up subscibing to the newsletters. May be it would be useful to try to find how through the internet search engine.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, azwinar