ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel to UK in dependent visa and apply for Tier 1 (G

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rohitktm

Can I travel to UK in dependent visa and apply for Tier 1 (G

Post by rohitktm » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:30 am

Hi friends,
My wife is going to UK as a student and I am getting dependent visa. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General visa) as soon as I reach there. One of the friends in this forum wrote that I can’t apply for Tier 1 (General) as a dependent visa holder. Is this true? I didn’t find any official confirmation on this. Can anyone confirm about this?

HSMP2008_JANUARY

Post by HSMP2008_JANUARY » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:23 am

Yes, you cant switch to Tier 1 visa "in country". You have to return to your native to apply for Tier 1.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Can I travel to UK in dependent visa and apply for Tier

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:38 am

rohitktm wrote:Hi friends,
My wife is going to UK as a student and I am getting dependent visa. I am planning to apply for Tier 1 (General visa) as soon as I reach there. One of the friends in this forum wrote that I can’t apply for Tier 1 (General) as a dependent visa holder. Is this true? I didn’t find any official confirmation on this. Can anyone confirm about this?
Already replied your query in this thread.