ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependant - Travel Query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

brightab
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependant - Travel Query

Post by brightab » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Hi,
I am having a peculiar situation.

My wife is a Tier 1 (General) UK visa holder and i am her dependant.
Both of us are currently working.
However my wife is intending to go on Maternity leave for 6 months to india this september. (During this period she will still be an employee of the present company she is working with)

i wish to travel to india on leave for 1 month in between to see my new born child in november :).

however i am worried that on my return to london i may face issues due to the main applicant (my wife) not being in the country when i come back.

please can anyone give some information on this situation
- are my fears justified
- anything i can do to help my case

Thanks in Advance
Abraham

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:17 am

Tier 1 - Guide wrote:In the case of a person who returns from a short absence abroad within a period for which he was previously given leave, again the refusal can only be considered under Paragraph 321A but reference should also be made to the section on continuing leave here.
However, see also 2.1 Head of family absent from the UK.

Consider having her baby born in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.