ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How can I contact my local MP?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinata

How can I contact my local MP?

Post by vinata » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:53 am

Hello Guys,

Does anybody know where to go or where to call in order to contact your local MP?

I would like to speed up my post-appeal visa implementation process, but do not know how to get in touch with my local MP. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Hertford1

Re: How can I contact my local MP?

Post by Hertford1 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:49 pm

vinata wrote:Hello Guys,

Does anybody know where to go or where to call in order to contact your local MP?

I would like to speed up my post-appeal visa implementation process, but do not know how to get in touch with my local MP. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Click on below link and enter you postcode....

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk

serge19
Newly Registered

Post by serge19 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:50 pm

Hi Friends...
How can a MP help you to speed up the Visa process??
Do u know anyone who has been succeeded to get Visa by Involving the Local MP?

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:04 pm

They can speed up the post appeal implementation process but not if a decision has not been made on your visa. My MP helped me with my post appeal and it was completed not too long after I got in contact with her.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

vinata

Post by vinata » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Thanks a lot for your replies, Guys.

My question is to Diokra. How did you get into contact with your MP (by phone, email, personal meeting etc)? And what exactly did you ask your local MP to do as regards your visa implementation?

So, if I call my MP on Monday and explain my situation, what kind of support should I expect from him/her?

Thanks a lot in advance for any suggestions.

Diokpa
Member of Standing

Post by Diokpa » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:46 pm

I don't know for other MPs but I'll tell you what I did. I emailed my MP as she has a personal email for local residents and I got a letter 3 days later telling me they had contacted the HO, enclosed was also a copy of the letter sent to the HO(They have an MP liaison office).I got the call up letter in about 3 days and about 8 days after that, I got a letter from my MP with the HO response. So it all depends on the MP, some are more helpful than others.
We are all pencils in the hand of our creator~ Unknown

sban

Post by sban » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:14 am

I've found this site very useful to contact the local MP http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/

vinata

Post by vinata » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:37 pm

Thank you very much, Guys. I really appreciate your help.

I have already sent an email to my local MP and will let you know about any outcomes.