ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK intial entry time limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SidSamuels

UK intial entry time limit

Post by SidSamuels » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi,

I got my Tier 1 visa approved in January 2009. But circumstances changed on personal front because of which I couldn't travel to UK immediately.

From what I understand about the entry requirement is that a person can enter the UK any time provided his Visa is valid at that point of time.

Has anything changed in between? I am planning to travel in August and have my travel arrangements done.

I am asking this because I saw few posts on this forum which talk about a particular time frame (3 months) in which you need to enter the UK on a Tier 1 visa.

push
United Kingdom

Re: UK intial entry time limit

Post by push » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

SidSamuels wrote:Hi,

I got my Tier 1 visa approved in January 2009. But circumstances changed on personal front because of which I couldn't travel to UK immediately.

From what I understand about the entry requirement is that a person can enter the UK any time provided his Visa is valid at that point of time.

Has anything changed in between? I am planning to travel in August and have my travel arrangements done.

I am asking this because I saw few posts on this forum which talk about a particular time frame (3 months) in which you need to enter the UK on a Tier 1 visa.
HO's automated email mentions that Immigration officer may ask you some questions when you enter UK 3 months after it was issued. Let me clarify that it is in relation to ILR but I am just extrapolating it.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

SidSamuels

Post by SidSamuels » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:23 pm

push_hsmp,

thank you for the reply.

So if I understand correctly, it's more about questioning - why so late, why now etc.

It is not like - "your visa is invalid" or "we can't allow you" because you didn't enter within 3 months from date of issue of your visa.

As you mentioned, your reply is based on some information related to ILR. Do you know any such rule for fresh tier 1 entry for the first time?

(As far as I had read on forums and guidance, there was no such time restriction. I asked this question just to ensure that I have updated information because I have not read new guidance notes if any in past 3-4 months)

pkumar
Member of Standing

Post by pkumar » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:03 pm

you will definately require second extention for ILR. I don't think you should have BIG problem entering UK. you missed 5 year requirement for ILR already which means long wait unfortunately. Just be frank about your situation and there are many people coming late and i m sure officer understands.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:44 pm

SidSamuels wrote:So if I understand correctly, it's more about questioning - why so late, why now etc.
Yes thats what I understand
SidSamuels wrote:It is not like - "your visa is invalid" or "we can't allow you" because you didn't enter within 3 months from date of issue of your visa.
Yes
SidSamuels wrote:As you mentioned, your reply is based on some information related to ILR. Do you know any such rule for fresh tier 1 entry for the first time?
No I dont
SidSamuels wrote:(As far as I had read on forums and guidance, there was no such time restriction.
Agree
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer