ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring sister to UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lopez2009
Newly Registered

Bring sister to UK

Post by lopez2009 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:38 am

Hello everybody,

I have ILR to stay in the UK just about to be naturalised as a British Citizen anytime soon now.

My sister in India is slightly mentally incapacitated and she is a resident of the Glasgow-based Richmond Fellowship Society in India. Our parents passed away in 1984 and she has nt got anyone to depend upon.

Is there a way I can bring her to the UK and stay here with me? She has sufficient funds to support herself independently and is able to provide evidence in lieu of that. I am a self-employed person with a successful career.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:39 am

It would depend on whether you have been solely responsible for her maintenance - is that the case?

goodnews
Newly Registered

Getting divorced sister here

Post by goodnews » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:44 pm

Hello,

My situation is that my only sister is divorced since 3 years with 3 children and living by herself back home. I regularly send money for her maintenance. She is qualified but is unable to work full time due to commitment with the children.

What will be the best approach or which application should be used to apply for EC.

I live here permanently and runs my own ltd company.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Getting divorced sister here

Post by Rozen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:57 pm

goodnews wrote:Hello,

My situation is that my only sister is divorced since 3 years with 3 children and living by herself back home. I regularly send money for her maintenance. She is qualified but is unable to work full time due to commitment with the children.

What will be the best approach or which application should be used to apply for EC.

I live here permanently and runs my own ltd company.

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.
Thanks
I 'suggest' you start your own thread, rather than hijacking someone else's! :roll: